Bluescat

What are you cooking tonight?

Spinach and feta cheese pasta, parmesan crusted chicken, potato croquettes and pumpkin cheesecake.

Okay, I cheated. Got it prepared already from Harris Teeter or, as we like to call it, "The Teeter". It was yummy!

Awesome A.A.! I've heard stories about my grandparents making noodles.

Are you trying to tell me something- like I'm getting old? :shock: Actually, the recipe I use was my great aunt's. She shared it with me many years ago.

Nah, you don't seem as old as your bro. :wave2:

I was thinking it seems to be a kind of lost art. Mind pm'ing me that recipe so I can give it a shot sometime?

For fellow grill enthusiasts: I am anxious to work on some grill favorites I picked up from Lebanese friends of mine. A simple starter dish:

Slice several medium potatoes on a food slicer to just less than 1/8 inch ‘chips’.

Grill the slices over the grill until they’re just moderately crisp.

Place a whole garlic clove on the grill until it begins to soften.

Serve with a small bowl of olive oil and sea salt. Wrap one of the softened garlic bits in a chip and dip in aforementioned oil. I find it tasty. Great for garlic lovers and it keeps away vampires …unless vampires is your thing ;)

Ooh! Ooh! And don't forget to fart at your leisure later on. In the privacy of your own home, of course.

I love garlic, and I love to fart(given a bic lighter and an audience anyway).

Tonight its gonna be pork Shoulder roast with little purple spuds and I'm not yet sure what else. Candlelight, Keith Jarrett, cleaning the dog's ears, then............ :devil:

I knew one of youse guys would take a beautiful evening and do something icky to it. Altho the dog has already given herself a more thorough cleaning than I needed to be around for........

This doesn't really count because I am not doing the cooking, but tonight is Grey Cup, the Canadian Football League championship game, and we are ordering pizza from Diana's, possibly the best pizzeria in Canada.

(Insert comments about Canadian football here :laugh: )

Kangaroo strip sirloin last night.

Interesting, and oddlly tasty, although I might pass on a second purchase.

Gamier than I expected, and one exotic meat that definitely does not taste like chicken.

I agree on all points. It was much more gamey than I ever expected. I bought it once, and have tried it several times thereafter when it's been bought for me. Never developed a taste for it though.

I made the mistake of slow-cooking it in a very assertive stout, as well, which only served to highlight that gaminess.

Maybe I should've simmered it in Budweiser American "Ale", instead.

Nice. Where was my invite?

Ground sirloin steak simmered in jalapenos with a Romain salad: Palm Hearts, fresh tomatoes, pine nuts and olive oil.

But no "poblano peppers stuffed with pepper jack."

Sorry about the invite. It was a last minute thing and since the grand daughter spent the night last night my house looks like a tornado came through. The cheese stuffed poblanos were an experiment we are looking forward to perfecting (since the initial try was so good) and we'll let you know next time. :wave2:

Had the in-laws over for some grilled meats this afternoon. The bride picked up some brats from the butcher (that place is just a meat market, I'll tell you), and I finally found a good use for the Coors Light that someone left in my fridge: boiled brats that are then grilled. They were tasty.

Coors Light that someone left in my fridge

Track the bastids down. Really. All you can do is put 'em out of their misery as quickly as possible. It would be humane.

Sauteed Portabella Mushrooms and Onion in butter, olive oil, garlic and topped with romano and feta cheese.

It was scrumptious!

portabella_sm.jpg

and yes, I ate at my desk. A terrible habit of mine. Comes with being single and no date tonight. ;)

ahhh, no, it is Lucid. Still the only absinthe I have in house or even have tried.

I am such a newbie! Still innocent. (well, in the absinthe world anyway) :devil:

What is Pontica?

I referred to the glossary and cannot find that word. I realize what you are saying, but I am twisted in the way that I must understand details. Believe me, it gets me in trouble all the time.

curiosity that is.

OK...nevermind! I figured it out. I should have known that, being somewhat of an herbalist. I just don't know alot of the full latin names.

I'll get there, I swear!

Edited by Gypsy

No worries. Coloring of absinthe usually uses one or more of Hyssop, Melissa, Mint, and others but especially Artemisia pontica (Roman or Petite Wormwood). There are other more odd choices, of course. The next time you steam artichoke, check the color left in the water. It's a blue-green that could almost make the most neon czechsinth seem real.

God likes freaky colors.

Not cooking this today, but having just come from a food & beer pairing event I found 3 nice courses I've gotta put together. Spicy Tuna and California Rolls with Allagash Dubbel; Mojo Pork Tenderloin with salsa verde, black beans and Victory V-12; and a nifty little dessert of lemon sorbet and blueberries topped with Lindemans Kriek. :thumbup: