• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#61 tabreaux

tabreaux

Jade Liqueurs

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:10 AM

I guessed I might find a discussion here concerning the wordpress debacle. I'll be brief:

- What the blog moderators did not realize is I entered the blog after inviting the Czech press contacted me with questions about it, and I invited them to view it. The events turned out exactly as I predicted, and having witnessed the abrupt censorship and deliberate misreading of my comments, the press now admits the blog to be a complete fraud. There's more to it, but I'll keep that quiet for now.

- I entered the blog with the intention to answer questions specifically relevant to the topic (Lucid). I chose not to play along with the mythical 'Tom Boyd' (an obvious pseudonym) in his attempt to divert me far from the real subject matter to a dead-end path of unceasing, childish ad hominem attacks.

- The blog moderators attempted to neuter my responses through censorship, but they were stupid enough to remove something that had already been posted and read by many. It follows below.

- Understand that it is impossible to enter into an unreasonable debate and force the participants to act with reason. In this instance, I simply tossed a gun into the ring and invited the moderator(s) to shoot themselves with it in the presence of a silent audience. They wasted no time in doing so.

I doubt anything else I submitted will be posted, but one that was deleted after being posted follows:

AbsintheMan:

I appreciate your professionalism and candor.

The comments I made 7+ years ago concerning thujone and vintage absinthe were based upon *assumptions*. Unfortuntately, I *assumed* those who published such figures did so from actual analysis. When the results of my first actual analyses proved to be in complete disagreement with what had been published up to that time, I contacted the researchers (Arnold, etc.) to discuss. Upon doing so, it became clear that their figures were dependent upon essential oil studies and not actual analyses of finished spirits, old or new. At that time, I realized that I was the first to analyze actual spirit samples, and I realized that everything I had assumed, AND everything they had published prior to that point was without actual proof. At first, I was hesitant to contradict myself without further investigation. When other researchers followed suit and demonstrated results similar to mine, I became more convinced that the old estimations did not consider many details that were not apparent from paper research. These details would eventually clarify themselves to me, but not until I actually had a hand on real-world distillation, from cultivation of herbs through a finished distilled product – something the prior research has never considered nor conducted.

Again, no 'shop' was ever mobilized in Thailand. An associate there offered a quick, low-cost, low risk solution toward getting production initiated in a country where there was no public perception of absinthe, good or bad. This remained a possibility during a time when it was unclear how absinthe would be received by regulators and the public in France.

I created Lucid for the purpose of introducing the U.S. to something that was handcrafted, made true to antique methods, using correct materials and original equipment, free of industrial adulterants, artificial dyes, etc. It had to be possible to produce it in sufficient quantity to secure nationwide distribution (a real challenge), and the price point requirements determined that it should be a mid-level offering. It remains an ongoing challenge, and the unfavorable exchange rate makes things even more difficult.

John Q. Epoch:

Like any genuine absinthe, Lucid contains a trace of thujone. Some absinthes contain a little more, some a little less. I can't give you an exact figure for Lucid, as it varies a little from batch to batch. It tests consistently <10 mg/l, which satisfies the 'thujone-free' requirement of the U.S. government. Nevertheless, we employ as much absinthium in its crafting as one finds in any of the best protocols in the old treatises. Lucid's construction involves NO alteration of the details of the traditional methods, and no reduction in the quantity of materials used.

absintheur:

Either I wasn't entirely clear in my previous account, or you misread it. Allow me to clarify.

I happened to have a telephone conversation with Dr. Arnold just before I was notified of the Time blurb. It became clear to both of us in our conversation that he had been under the impression that we were not using traditional absinthe distillation methods (e.g. Duplais, Brevans, Fritsch, etc.), primarily because a journalistic account of my distillation activities in an older article omitted certain details. Upon his expressing the nature of his impressions from that article, I corrected and clarified them. We discussed other points of misunderstanding as well, which I went to great lengths to correct and clarify. I sought nothing else from the conversation. It isn't the first conversation we've shared over the years, and it won't be the last.

Let's refer to the BMJ article reference by the TIME journalist. In that article, we find the following statement:

"The thujone content of old absinthe was about 0.26 g/l (260 ppm)8 and 350 ppm when the thujyl alcohol from the wormwoods is included.3"

8 – References Duplais – a 19th century treatise.
3 – Arnold references himself

If we apply simple logic:
This statement doesn't say, "our best estimates imply that . . . ", and it doesn't say, "we have reason to believe that . . . ", and it doesn't say, "barring any unforeseen details that may influence our estimations . . . " It says, "the thujone content of old absinthe WAS . . . "

This statement was made as an absolute, without any 'safety valve', and was not based upon actual testing of the very substance to which it referred (old absinthe). Clearly one can see the potential precariousness of this statement. We ALL assumed it to be correct (as did I for many years), but actual testing revealed something very different, and continues to do so.

As for Jad Adams, AFAIK, he is a journalist, not a scientific researcher. I know of no scientific research/analysis undertaken on his part. I don't recall seeing anything in his writings that reflect the revelations of new research, possibly because much of what he wrote (IIRC) was done *before* the latest research.

I cannot stress how important it is to realize that anyone who has pubished writings and theories that are heavily dependent upon thujone for sensationalism would have reason to NOT WANT to accept all the latest revelations, and some will undoubtedly refute that which contradicts their beliefs beyond a reasonable point. This is simply human nature. As for the rest of us, we had our beliefs, we tested our beliefs, we admitted our beliefs were wrong, we attempted to resolve the facts that make the truth what it is, we adapted our thinking to accommodate the truth and moved on.

And on that note, I can tell you there is more coming . . .

Absinthist

(1) I checked two original samples of B-65 for glycyrrhizinic residues some years ago, with interesting results The analytical data from my original samples concurs precisely with the written protocol (from an original distiller's notes) that came to me from Switzerland some time later.

(2) The wine spirits I use are indeed expensive and in short supply, but I wanted something distilled using the appropriate varietals and to my exacting standards in the interest of being as historically correct as possible. You can take comfort in the fact that the spirits I use exhibit a methanol content that is well within the contemporary health standards.

#62 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,974 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:22 AM

If you ever get bored, look here to see how his arguments stack up.

That's a wiki page. Do you have a link to his actual ca-ca that I can read? :cheers:

Yes, it is a Wiki page, on propaganda. I've been teaching that particular information for nearly 30 years. I thought a little lesson on misinformation might help you understand Mr. Boyd.

The guy is a walking textbook on logical fallacies.

Same thing (only different) from Hiram. If you choose not to understand, that's your choice.

I clearly don't know either Boyd or TAB very well at all, but the logic in this thread should at least be analyzed in as much a nonbiased and objective manner as possible. It's not logical to completely reject what Boyd says here on the mere basis of him having a history of being an ass or whatever.

You don't seem to be paying attention. You expect us to be non-biased and objective when the history is filled with lies, propaganda, faulty arguments printed as gospel, edited and deleted posts? You're kidding, right?

Reductio ad nauseum also does not automatically invalidate a line of reasoning, no matter how atomized.

How do you feel about Reductio ad absurdum? ;)

#63 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,802 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:35 AM

First off, thanks Ted. I'm glad you saved the post and put it here.

Further, the prosecutor has the ability to elide, edit, censor testimony (and has done so already, as Alan asserts and I will affirm as well) which may serve his purposes as far as leaving a historical document on the Internet, but that watchful contemporaries can testify to as inaccurate and misleading.

I'd like to see examples. If anyone has a link, just to get a feel for this Boyd character.

Meat, it's kind of tough to give you examples of editing and censorship, since the posts have been deleted. I have now posted more than half a dozen comments on that thread alone. All of which have been deleted. not even censored, but DELETED. It's happened on every thread on that site. When I make a point that completely contradicts their assertions, my post gets deleted.

They did the same thing with the "Yellow Stromu" issue, which there is also a thread here for that.

Tom Boyd/Drabsinthe/Absintheur have also been on other sites where they have made just as many unfounded claims and wild accusations. On those sites, they could not control the information, and after being called out, have left, never to come back.

I finally got an answer out of Dr. Absinthe during a heated debate about high thujone levels, where he finally admitted that he has never hallucinated by drinking absinthe. He then went on to try to make an argument that Czech producers who say that absinthe makes you hallucinate might have a LANGUAGE BARRIER ISSUE, so they used the wrong descriptor!!! :laf:

Here's the link to that fiasco. Scroll down to April 3rd to see his comments about that, although I suggest reading the whole thing. Although it's rather long, you can see a HUGE list of his logical fallacies and subject changing tactics.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#64 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,259 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:14 AM

Thanks for posting that here Ted, and for taking the time to write it. I'll look forward to the "more" to come.

Meatwaggon, all you have to do is read the blog. It should quickly becomes apparent that none of the antagonists have any interest in sound reasoning or genuine answers. If they did, the answers such as Ted has posted above would not have been deleted, since they obviously address and effectively debunk their assertions.

[edited for grammar]

Maker of Marteau Absinthe
Master Distiller, Gnostalgic Spirits Distillery
www.absinthemarteau.com
Confessions of an Absinthiste

#65 speedle

speedle

Peanut Gallery owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:54 AM

If you ever get bored, look here to see how his arguments stack up.

That's a wiki page. Do you have a link to his actual ca-ca that I can read? :cheers:

Yes, it is a Wiki page, on propaganda. I've been teaching that particular information for nearly 30 years. I thought a little lesson on misinformation might help you understand Mr. Boyd.

The guy is a walking textbook on logical fallacies.

Same thing (only different) from Hiram. If you choose not to understand, that's your choice.

I clearly don't know either Boyd or TAB very well at all, but the logic in this thread should at least be analyzed in as much a nonbiased and objective manner as possible. It's not logical to completely reject what Boyd says here on the mere basis of him having a history of being an ass or whatever.

You don't seem to be paying attention. You expect us to be non-biased and objective when the history is filled with lies, propaganda, faulty arguments printed as gospel, edited and deleted posts? You're kidding, right?

Reductio ad nauseum also does not automatically invalidate a line of reasoning, no matter how atomized.

How do you feel about Reductio ad absurdum? ;)

Whoa...blew me away with that one T73! :cheers:

Ted, thanks from me as well. It's truly amazing stuff.
- cogito ergo louche

“I lost some time once. It's always in the last place you look for it.” - Neil Gaiman

#66 Meatwaggon

Meatwaggon

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:24 PM

Thanks Ted for the elaboration. Really good stuff you make BTW.
"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Helfrich verte" - Anthony Hopkinns
"Leave the gun. Take the Rossoni" - Peter Clemenzza
"Give me wormwood, or give me death!" - Patrick Henrry
"I find your lack of louche....disturbing" - James Earl Jjones
"No maceration without distillation!" - Reverend Jonathan Mayhhew
"It is by absinthe alone I set my mind in motion" - Frank Herrbert

#67 Meatwaggon

Meatwaggon

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:50 PM

Same thing (only different) from Hiram.

I understand both propaganda/misdirection as well as logical fallacy, having studied logic and philosophy extensively in college. I'm not trying to illegitimize your statements on Boyd, I'll take your word for it, but I was just curious.

If you choose not to understand, that's your choice.

No need to get snippy. I'm not one of those czechsinth flamers trying to be unreasonable here. I'm just trying to get through this thread in a rational manner.

How do you feel about Reductio ad absurdum?

Reductio ad nauseum and reductio ad absurdum are both subjective interpretations of the other guy's arguments, as people tend to have different threshholds for nausea or absurdity. So like I said, an argument needs to be weighed as sound or not based solely on internal validity (lack of logical contradictions) and external validity (consistent with the facts), not on the arguer's motivations, his tendencies to be mean or argumentative, or his history of being an a$$hole in the past. What I have done in this regard is to look for evidence of logical inconsistency in his attacks IN THAT THREAD (I couldn't find any), and for evidence of factual inaccuracy (I found some, which I posted for you guys).

You don't seem to be paying attention. You expect us to be non-biased and objective when the history is filled with lies, propaganda, faulty arguments printed as gospel, edited and deleted posts?

Yes, I do. And no I'm not kidding. I'm nowhere near as familiar with all the history and flame wars that I'm sure have happened in the past as everybody else, but regardless, an argument needs to be critiqued in a dispassionate manner. Otherwise how have you risen above the disrepute of your opponents? In any case I will stop pursuing this matter, since people here are obviously get their bile worked up and things look like they can only get worse. Cheers.
"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Helfrich verte" - Anthony Hopkinns

#68 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,802 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:39 PM

Meat, just look through that website. You'll see why we don't take their accusations seriously. They've all been made dozens of times, and have been answered dozens of times. They just keep asking because they don't like the answers that we give them. They believe what they want to believe, or at least, they are making those statements just so other ill-informed readers will believe what they want them to believe.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#69 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,259 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:30 PM

an argument needs to be critiqued in a dispassionate manner

That's how it started, but in the ensuing months we've mostly all become aware that it's not a legitimate argument, it's a misinformation campaign.

They demand proofs and explanations (and when I say "they" I mean "he") and when they're given, they get deleted. The numerous requests for the slightest shred of proof of their own claims, i.e. the legitimacy of "Czech style" absinth or "the all-important thujone" have been met with further misdirection.

www.absinthemarteau.com

#70 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,974 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:08 PM

No need to get snippy.

My apologies for being snippy, Meat. Since you're new, perhaps I should have been more patient.
After reading time and again of censoring and deleting posts by highly regarded and highly informed WS members, selecting and twisting information which only served their viewpoint, I grew irritated as you continued to defend the bastards' arguments. You might not be aware that Hiram, Ari, Shabba, Alan, Zman, Ted and several other opinions are esteemed and indeed, more than a couple are rightfully considered experts.

Please accept my apology for snippiness. Continue reading and you will quickly learn who to trust and who are the cretins. :cheers:

I guess another approach would be to get a bottle of Bainsfartter and a bottle of PF1901. I dare say, that would make the point, <ahem> Lucidly. ;)

#71 Meatwaggon

Meatwaggon

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:42 PM

Cheers! I click on LDF quite often to see if they maybe restocked their 1901 and VS earlier than stated. :cheers:

#72 Ari (Eric Litton)

Ari (Eric Litton)

Meega, nala kweesta!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:25 PM

If you really want the gritty details I would suggest not reading that blog, instead do a search for "drabsinthe" or in some cases "drsam" or you can view some fun in the wikipedia absinthe talk page and talk page archives. Among other places. In other words, in places where they don't have control to censor posts.

Ted, that the czech press watched the censored 'debate' unfold is great. I've only really been paying serious attention to said blog since a short wired article quoted and linked to them as the "opposing view."
"Oscar Wilde once traveled to an all-cat dimension and appeared on the Late-Late Show with Catman O'Brien."

#73 Meatwaggon

Meatwaggon

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:08 AM

Here's the link to that fiasco. Scroll down to April 3rd to see his comments about that, although I suggest reading the whole thing. Although it's rather long, you can see a HUGE list of his logical fallacies and subject changing tactics.

I read through about half of that, then I curiously developed a strong lingering headache, which was only relieved by a 3:1 dose of Manswill and an hour of UFC. Dr. Absinthe does indeed have an uncanny ability to change the subject. Shame on the other guy for letting him. ;)

#74 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,802 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:26 AM

Train wreck, aint it? :twitchsmile:

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#75 Wrayalien

Wrayalien

Gone Star Trekkin'

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:05 AM

:arrr: Awl right now who r dem bums wha am making aimless meandering dumbassity against TAB, let me attim :nono: I'll rip off there heads and pour Mansithe down their necks :angry2:
Don't listen to those who would water down ahhh burn up the true history of absinthe, rather research the facts to determine the significance of the Green Fairy. Those who can't do it themselves, get their kicks trying to undermine those who can.

#76 Pan Buh

Pan Buh

Incomplete Absinthe Geek

• Indefinite Suspension
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:36 AM

My opinion is that he's perfectly capable of doing that on his own. No need to put yourself out Wray.

#77 speedle

speedle

Peanut Gallery owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:47 AM

Really, it was fun to watch at first, but now it's just like pounding your head against a wall. I hate to say this, but maybe they don't really matter at all, these "bloggers" we're all up in arms about.
- cogito ergo louche

“I lost some time once. It's always in the last place you look for it.” - Neil Gaiman

#78 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,974 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:50 AM

I think you're probably right. They've hoisted themselves on their own petards.

#79 Wild Bill Turkey

Wild Bill Turkey

Exigez le mot Turkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:45 PM

Why would you hate to say that? I've been saying it all along. Taken as a whole, the four major online absinthe forums amount to a gnat's nostril for importance, even, by and large, to absinthe manufacturers. Still, the WS and FV are like megalithic Alexandrian Lights compared to these blogs y'all are giving so much attention to.

People looking for answers to their absinthe questions are a hundred times more likely to find one of these forums, and ten thousand times more likely to take them seriously, than these obviously low-budget, single-voice blogs.

My feeling has always been that the most power they have comes from folks here playing along, and the worst thing that could happen is for real players like Ted, Oxy, and Hiram to sign on and legitimize those blogs, where the local tyrant can edit their posts and make it look as if the important people both take him seriously, and lose their arguments to his superior logic.
"I'm always amused when a member incorporates a quote from another member into their signature." - fpb

#80 speedle

speedle

Peanut Gallery owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:34 PM

Yes, I must agree, since this greeted me this evening:

Sorry, xx.xxx.xxx.xx has been banned.

When they get backed into a corner, they just ban your whole freeking IP! Cool!
- cogito ergo louche

#81 Leif Rogers

Leif Rogers

• PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:52 PM

Yes, I must agree, since this greeted me this evening:

Sorry, xx.xxx.xxx.xx has been banned.

When they get backed into a corner, they just ban your whole freeking IP! Cool!

Sorry man, you got banned not because you backed anybody into a corner but because you stayed anonymous, declined specifics, (you didn't even bother emailing me when asked--at that point, I'd have been fine with keeping you mysterious) and despite a concerted effort on finding out just what you were talking about--decided to persist in the creepy "I know all about you" character you were assuming.
Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

#82 speedle

speedle

Peanut Gallery owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:16 PM

Well, no matter what, you still didn't answer the questions, you won't answer the questions, and, yes there is thusly no point in pursuing a rational conversation. BTW the anonymous thing started out just being too lazy to type, since I've said much the same things at the Fou site without being anonymous. I've got to say the fact that it bothered you seemed to encourage me to leave it that way, though.

:cheers:
- cogito ergo louche

#83 Leif Rogers

Leif Rogers

• PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:02 PM

Well, no matter what, you still didn't answer the questions, you won't answer the questions, and, yes there is thusly no point in pursuing a rational conversation.

I'd need to know the questions first. Which was my point this whole time. Accusing me of having a "sore ego" or saying that I've being burned by my idols and when asked to extrapolate, responding with a "eh...you know...wink wink" doesn't constitute a question(or, at least, how questions have been traditionally defined). At my site I went through each sentence and answered quite honestly (albeit, a tad snippy at times) but, if you want, let's do this here (again)--I'm always game.

(sorry, I added a comma...hence the edit)

Edited by studiofox, 03 December 2007 - 04:03 PM.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

#84 speedle

speedle

Peanut Gallery owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:45 PM

Oh, well of course, since you put it that way. Now that we're here we'll have a nice civil debate where you'll explain all those things I've already asked you to explain. Did you bring Mr. Falcon with you? Perhaps he's already here?

BTW regardless of how this ends, and I think it's already ended, what the erstwhile Mr. Boyd did over at Rend Fou today was vile, dastardly and over the top, even for him. Oh well, it's just the interwebs after all.
- cogito ergo louche

#85 Leif Rogers

Leif Rogers

• PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:57 PM

Oh, well of course, since you put it that way. Now that we're here we'll have a nice civil debate where you'll explain all those things I've already asked you to explain. Did you bring Mr. Falcon with you? Perhaps he's already here?

BTW regardless of how this ends, and I think it's already ended, what the erstwhile Mr. Boyd did over at Rend Fou today was vile, dastardly and over the top, even for him. Oh well, it's just the interwebs after all.

Seriously man, name a place. Here, how's this then? I'll unblock you IP, and we'll resume talks in a reasonable fashion? We can email each other (feel free to post them wherever), we can do this on my site (ooh, just a thought, under a whole new post...me and you, it'll be awesome, I swear!), we can do this here. I don't care. What I would like, however, is for you to either specify your questions or stop running around screaming "Help! I'm being repressed!"

As far as what happened over at Rend Fou, I've got a couple of things:

1. Ted obviously knew what he was getting into otherwise he wouldn't have busted out with the whole "I've contacted the press" conspiracy business.

2. Call it what you want, Ted shouldn't have opened the door with "feel free to ask any questions". In short, if the "czech press" conspiracy is to be believed, he's the orchestrator, not Rend Fou.

3. I can't speak for any of them. They do what they do.
Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

#86 peridot

peridot

Floccinaucinihilipilificator Extraordinaire

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:02 PM

It's not necessary to quote the post immediately above yours. Thanks.

Throng of Shoggoths: Lovecraftian Sludge

Pudwich: 90's style hard rock

My stupid facebutt page.

#87 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,802 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:36 PM

As far as what happened over at Rend Fou, I've got a couple of things:

1. Ted obviously knew what he was getting into otherwise he wouldn't have busted out with the whole "I've contacted the press" conspiracy business.

Knowing you'll be facing questions, and then seeing unadulterated blitzkreig style insults are two different things. Given Rend Fou's moderation of previous ad hominem attacks, I don't think anyone could have expected the immature and unprofessional nature of Tom's posts.

2. Call it what you want, Ted shouldn't have opened the door with "feel free to ask any questions". In short, if the "czech press" conspiracy is to be believed, he's the orchestrator, not Rend Fou.

The orchestrator of what? Calling Rend Fou out for what it is, a propaganda machine? I say good for him. I hope the Czech press really was watching. Rend Fou deserves whatever ill fate it gets. Karma is a bitch.

3. I can't speak for any of them. They do what they do.

And that's the bottom line I guess. All of the Czechsinthe proponents who will eventually lose the battle will always pass the blame onto someone else. With all of the new studies coming out, and so many people making the effort to correct the misinformation, it's a losing battle. While there will always be an uninformed public that will herd together like sheep and buy the next 200 mg/l thujone bomb Czechsinthe so they can trip ballz, it will hopefully get smaller and smaller as the word gets out. Then the Czechsinthes will have to take off their disguises and admit what they really are. At that point, there will be no other choice than to support the same form of classification system we have been discussing for so long.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#88 Leif Rogers

Leif Rogers

• PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:15 PM

Sorry Peridot! I'm quoting! (yeah, kill the pig...drink his blood, I know, but still, it must be done in this case)

Knowing you'll be facing questions, and then seeing unadulterated blitzkreig style insults are two different things. Given Rend Fou's moderation of previous ad hominem attacks, I don't think anyone could have expected the immature and unprofessional nature of Tom's posts.

So that's why Ted led with a (summarized) "this is what I expected" on his post here and then gathered up the whole "I informed the Czech press" business? Seriously man, come on.

The orchestrator of what? Calling Rend Fou out for what it is, a propaganda machine? I say good for him. I hope the Czech press really was watching. Rend Fou deserves whatever ill fate it gets. Karma is a bitch.

You buy your ticket you take the ride. whoo.

And that's the bottom line I guess. All of the Czechsinthe proponents who will eventually lose the battle will always pass the blame onto someone else.

What? I don't even know where to begin.

With all of the new studies coming out, and so many people making the effort to correct the misinformation, it's a losing battle.

That depends on which "study" you look at and whose credentials respect, I suppose. Anarchic science is awesome ain't it?

While there will always be an uninformed public that will herd together like sheep and buy the next 200 mg/l thujone bomb Czechsinthe so they can trip ballz, it will hopefully get smaller and smaller as the word gets out.

Yes, the uninformed public. They are fun to play with aren't they? Btw, your "highly unusual" photo is in the news as a fact that displays the median--not to raise the issue now, but I thought that got sorted out?

Then the Czechsinthes will have to take off their disguises and admit what they really are. At that point, there will be no other choice than to support the same form of classification system we have been discussing for so long.

So, there will be one absinthe to rule them all? Apparently the long history of distilling wormwood with varying quantities of anise, etc. should be erased too then. Not that we should rewrite history or anything.

But I digress, I came here only to clarify the banning of speedle before more conspiracy theories were spread not to defend the Czech Absinth world.
Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

#89 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,259 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:45 PM

Just a note: Ted said the the Czech press contacted him, not vice versa.

www.absinthemarteau.com

#90 Leif Rogers

Leif Rogers

• PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:48 PM

Sorry for my misunderstanding. That whole "What the blog moderators did not realize is I entered the blog after inviting the Czech press contacted me with questions about it, and I invited them to view it" sentence is a confusing one.
Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association