Derrick

Pernod Amourette

I recently bid on (and lost) a vintage bottle of Pernod Amourette. The eBay listing can be viewed here. Has anyone seen this stuff before and be able to provide some information on it? Thanks.

post-142-1175096381_thumb.jpg

[edit]I'm ot sure but it could be the one from the 30's made by Pernod in Montreuil (thanks absinthist for the link), a pastis like[/edit]

I've bought that one recently for 30 euro, it's a "liqueur surfine", very very sweet :

IMG_5601MSo.jpg

IMG_5603MSo.jpg

IMG_5580MSo.jpg

Thank you for the info. I've never seen a clear liqueur d'anis from Pernod before. I was hoping to add the bottle to my Pernod collection, but the price got way too high. Does the Amourette taste different than any other typical liqueur d'anis?

Edit: see above.

In fact, when we say "liqueur" nowadays in France, it means something very sweet, like Marie Brizard, Grand Marnier, Cointreau or Benedictine.

But in the ol' days, "liqueur d'anis" was for pastis, so that one could be from the 30's, the color is surprinsingly clear for such an old bottle though...

By the way, the little pitcher at the top of the pastis link that absinthtist put up ( thanks for that link!) is one of the most collectible things on ebay. I've wanted one of those for two years now, but every time one shows up on ebay, it goes for hundreds of euros. It's like trying to buy a bottle of pre-ban...

437948178_17ea9cfd81_m.jpg

You are welcome :cheers: The site is very informative, indeed and the best one I know as far as pastis is concerned. Why so much? Is it gold or what?

I think it's so collectible because it's a very pretty decorative object, even to people who aren't as passionate about pastis as some of us are. It's also very rare. It's not like Amourette took over the world. So they probably didn't make many of the pitchers. I saw one in pink on ebay a year ago. I thought the red ones were collectible. The pink one went for nearly a thousand euros!

Those crazy little pastis pitchers they used to make are great at filling your curio corners...

437970953_dc7242132b.jpg

Casanis, that's corsican pastis.

I've got some more infos about Amourette. They started under Pernod in 1928 and may have stopped in the early 50's.