117 replies to this topic

#91 Boggy

Boggy

Delusions of Competence

• Canned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:41 AM

I do miss MPC though. Hasn't been around since this thread was opened.

This thread has utterly contributed to MasterPC' s decision. I will tell him about your PM, Shabba :cheers: (I am in constant contact).
Surviving the attacks of mentally-deficient creatures of the dark and carrying on (since 1999).

[Ironically, 1999 is the year the Dunning-Kruger effect was first advanced. - Admin]=

#92 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:56 AM

I can understand that. It was unfair and unnecessary to call him out specifically. Everyone was being a bit more ... shall I say... verbose than we should have been.

But we are all intelligent enough to get the point from the first message that Hiram posted.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#93 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:46 AM

Indeed, but there was ample blame to to go around and ample kindness as well. Unfortunately, he was the star bad example even though there were plenty of us guilty. No one should have their feelings hurt or blow things out of proportion. Just take the message to heart and keep moving.

#94 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:06 AM

Agreed. I think maybe a PM to him would have been more suitable though. Moving on... :wave2:

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#95 MTgrayling

MTgrayling

Thymallus arcticus viridius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:58 AM

I do miss MPC though.

I do also.
I had my taste buds amputated many years ago after an unfortunate toothbrush accident, any reviews or opinions I give are suspect and should be viewed as utterly useless.

Jeremy Bentham, the Pieta, and a Precious Few Grayling ; by David Quammen

#96 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 20,342 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

Agreed. I think maybe a PM to him would have been more suitable though.

I'll bet Monsieur Mthuilli has had a similar thought since then.

Ah, hindsight and 20/20...

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#97 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:49 PM

Aye.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#98 Zman (Marc Bernhard)

Zman (Marc Bernhard)

Really Advanced Member

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:45 PM

[quote name='Shabba53' date='Apr 19 2007, 06:56 AM' post='84987']
Everyone was being a bit more ... shall I say... verbose than we should have been.
[/quote]

No, not everyone. There were several who were making this place hard to read because you had to wade through tons of shite.

[/quote]
But we are all intelligent enough to get the point from the first message that Hiram posted.
[/quote]

Apparently not all of us because it took awhile for the message to get through. I too would like to see MPC back, as a contributing member. If MPC's feelings are hurt in this forum, maybe he should give the Lounge a try...

If you don't like anise at all, you're not likely to care for any decent absinthe, as absinthe is an anise flavored drink. It's kind of like asking if there are any good beers that don't taste like hops or malt.----Hiram

Marc Bernhard, owner and Master Distiller of Pacific Distillery LLC
Maker of Pacifique Absinthe and Voyager Single Batch Distilled Gin and vodka.
Woodinville, WA, USA
www.pacificdistillery.com

#99 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:12 PM

Couldn't have taken that long, since there were 20 responses in the first day, and a noticeable decline in keyboard diarrhea the same day. Also, MPC was called out in post #2. Not a lot of time given to let the message sink in.

I could point out many members who were being liberal with their postings. However, the major point I was making was that noone needed to be called out individually. With no offense to Marc in the slightest, it was in bad taste, although I don't believe it was done with bad intentions.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#100 Nymphadora

Nymphadora

Very silly. Very silly indeed.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

I was one of the uber posters, I admit it. I really miss MasterPC though. He was such a nice guy and fun to boot. I sent him a PM and asked him to come back. He was on the list for Tales of the Cocktail. I wonder if he still plans to go?
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

#101 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:18 PM

Talked to him today. He's in pretty regular contact with several people here, but he's not checking PMs at the moment.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#102 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Founder

• Root Admin
  • 11,390 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:38 PM

I'm looking forward to dripping a few with him in NOLA, and I miss him as well.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe and Foxtrot London Dry Gin

Please don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and consider a subscription donation.
Every bit helps the further development of the site and future events.

#103 Marc

Marc

absintheoriginals.com

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:21 AM

Sorry MasterPC, but with 18.5 posts a day (2500 posts since you joined 5 1/2 months ago), you're a top contributor.
You're not the only one though, but someone had to say it. Sorry.

It is not only you MPC, I don't want to offend anyone, I just took you as an example as you're #3 poster behind Hiram and Absomphe.
Absomphe also posts a lot of useless babbling, but we call it senility in his case :devil:

I've said what I had to say already, no regret.
If he was offended and left the forum just because of my posts, then he is not mature enough for forums.
Remember he said it was his first forum ever, knowing that WS is the most 'courteous' of all absinthe forums (except for HV but it's french), imagine if he had started with FV.

#104 Boggy

Boggy

Delusions of Competence

• Canned
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:26 AM

Maturity has nothing to do with the amount of forums one is partaking in - "we lose our genius when we stop being children" Pablo Picasso.
And your opinions were directly at him (not in general at all of us, including the Uber Posters Klan respectively) and were not courteous, either. However, it is no use crying over spilt absinthe.
Surviving the attacks of mentally-deficient creatures of the dark and carrying on (since 1999).

[Ironically, 1999 is the year the Dunning-Kruger effect was first advanced. - Admin]=

#105 Marc

Marc

absintheoriginals.com

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:59 AM

Maturity has nothing to do with the amount of forums one is partaking in

That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that if he dropped off the forum just because of such a small remark and just from one member, then he is not mature enough for forums in general.

And your opinions were directly at him (not in general at all of us, including the Uber Posters Klan respectively) and were not courteous, either.

Once again, I chose him because looking at his thousands of posts, he was the perfect example of what Hiram was talking about, none of the other WS members were posting as frenetically as he was.
Look at my 2 posts again on page 1, I've been courteous, no rudeness.

#106 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:11 AM

The sock puppet was perfectly polite. I'm sorry MPC was embarrassed. I'm sure he would be welcomed back by everyone. There's no reason this should degenerate into finger pointing.

Hey! I can see the weekend from here! Look everybody!

#107 Boggy

Boggy

Delusions of Competence

• Canned
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:11 AM

But that example could have been more generalised without giving names, IMO. That would probablement bring more good than harm. Obviously, I do understand your point and that your comments were not ad hominem and rather gentle. In fact, everything was said here on the spur of the moment, that is why some people will feel remorse, others won't.
Yes, weekend :heart: glad that you have reminded, T73 :cheers:

#108 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:37 AM

As was mentioned a few posts ago...

MOVING ON. :cool-reaper:

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#109 Marc

Marc

absintheoriginals.com

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:32 AM

A promising sunny week-end in France I may add, it's time for me to re-drink absinthe outside on the terrace, and on my wooden table T73 loves so much ;)

Though I promised Hartsmar to taste the vintage '97 Hill's he sent me :dead:

Cheers all!

#110 MASTERPC

MASTERPC

Just me

• 5,025 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:39 AM

Okay, after a few personal emails regarding this topic, I thought I'd pop in real quick to clear the air:

I left because I don't want to "shut up" and I don't want to stop posting the way that I had been. End of story. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with mthulli mentioning me, AT ALL. I am neither hurt nor am I embarrassed by any means. I'm sore because I can't say what I want when I want and how I want but I am most definitely not embarrassed. I am mature enough to not bend the rules hence me not being around. I chose to leave because I didn't want to slow my postings down and adhere by the rules. That's it.

I miss many of you and am so grateful to still be in touch, albeit not on the forum.

I've never felt srutinized until this thread so am glad that it came out because I certainly don't want to have to stop and think every time I click "Add Reply". Just my preference but can understand how many of you may not agree. Hell, I'm a nice guy but I'm also incontrovertibly stubborn and somewhat of a rebel which will probably never change.

Thanks for the kind words and please, don't take it personally for I have not, really!

Looking forward to meeting the folks that are attending TOTC!

PS Folks, don't be upset with mthulli. He was just stating the obvious. The numbers don't lie, right? ;)
"I read an article recently on the dangers of heavy drinking..
Scared the shit out of me.
So, that's it! After today, no more reading."

#111 Oscar

Oscar

“Life is good”

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:28 AM

Fair Thee Well!
"Enjoy life. This is not a dress rehearsal."

#112 Stroller

Stroller

Really Advanced Member

• Canned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:39 AM

Okay Oscar, stop padding your post numbers!

Maybe we will see you on one of the other Absinthe boards MPC. :cheers:

#113 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 20,342 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:41 AM

Gone, perhaps, but never forgotten, Cap'n!!! :cheers: :heart:

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#114 tayker

tayker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:56 AM

I've said what I had to say already, no regret.
If he was offended and left the forum just because of my posts, then he is not mature enough for forums.
Remember he said it was his first forum ever, knowing that WS is the most 'courteous' of all absinthe forums (except for HV but it's french), imagine if he had started with FV.

I agree. I've had worse posted towards me and I'm still here. I got the point from Hiram's initial post, and I would be pretty soft in the head not to know that I didn't contribute as well. Also, maybe it's just me, but if there's something in the Admin Announcements forum then I usually go there first. I compare it to reading the Letter From the Editor before reading a magazine.
When a person who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, they will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest.

#115 Boggy

Boggy

Delusions of Competence

• Canned
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:56 AM

To the Captain Keyboard, the one we shall miss for sure... :cheers:

#116 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:34 PM

Will definitely miss ya. Stop by every once in a while and let us know how you're doing!

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#117 CurtisG

CurtisG

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for the kind words and please, don't take it personally for I have not, really!

Glad to hear it. I really loved your "gleeful nuke" avatar and was afraid my praise for it was misinterpreted.
You changed it before i could steal it B)

#118 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Founder

• Root Admin
  • 11,390 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:02 PM

As was mentioned a few posts ago...

MOVING ON. :cool-reaper:

Thank you. And thank you MPC for clearing the air. :cheers:

Maker of Marteau Absinthe and Foxtrot London Dry Gin

Please don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and consider a subscription donation.
Every bit helps the further development of the site and future events.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association