Gwydion Stone

Hi, my name is Hiram

I'd like to introduce myself and welcome you to the Wormwood Society Forum.

I'm in my late forties, married with two adult children and have lived in Seattle for nearly seventeen years. I work for a reputable and time-honored non-profit organization huge bio-tech company doing a dull office job.

I originally started the Wormwood Society simply as a means of finding other Seattle absinthe enthusiasts to drink with. That was a couple months after I joined Kallisti's Fee Verte forum and before I knew how many of the regulars there and at the LouchedLounge were locals. Well, we all hooked up and the rest is history.

Between folks from those forums, from LiveJournal, and the article that appeared in the Seattle Weekly this summer, we've attracted a pretty good sized group and have had five gatherings so far, with between 18 and 36 people in attendance.

Trying to coordinate these events turned out to be a challenge. With over fifty people on the e-mail list and several more on LJ and on the forums who are not on the list, keeping track of who got the most current version of the information got to be a pain. The LJ community was intended as a way to communicate about events, but is seldom used except to announce events. Many of us hang out on the Fee Verte and Lounge forums, but many don't.

A couple months ago I got the idea to start our own discussion forum. I thought it would be nice to be able to get everybody together in one place online to discuss event planning as well as give new folks who've never been to an event a chance to get to know some of the personalities involved.

The idea just kind of fermented in the back of my mind for a while until Jack B asked me if I'd ever thought about doing a Wormwood Society Forum. I asked around a bit and felt that the idea was fairly well received, and so, here you are.

If I have to say "Welcome" to one more big foreheaded, no posting, green faerie noob who is going to ask us what we recommend for his first bottle, I am going to... well,... be irritated.

If I have to say "Welcome" to one more big foreheaded, no posting, green faerie noob who is going to ask us what we recommend for his first bottle, I am going to...  well,... be irritated.

Ditto, but stick around for some creative abuse from your peers, it's fun!

:absomphe:

Hello & welcome, Hiram! Despite what this emoticon :no-czechs3: symbolises, it's perfectly OK to burn Czech absinthe. Just remember to let it burn:dev-cheers:

Burn out the day

Burn out the night

I can't see no reason to put up a fight

I'm living for giving the devil his due

And I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for you

I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for you

FlamingCubes.jpg

it's perfectly OK to burn Czech absinthe. Just remember to let it burn!

As an alternative, you can microwave it to remove the alcohol.

Welcome aboard, High-Ram! (Wonder why that Jack B was fond of ya?)

As an alternative, you can microwave it to remove the alcohol.

Then you can enjoy the effects of pure industrial waste without any of the anesthetizing effects of alcohol.

Welcome. And if you behave yourself we'll leave your house just as neat and tidy as we found it. :cheers:

So, You're a bloody Welshman are you? You loveable bastard. So am I. My grandmother hailed from Aberdaire, South Wales. Your secret is safe with me.

How 'bout "The Green Rendezvous"?

I recalled you were soliciting titles for an event but I can't find it with my cyber-phobic brain.

Features of the title:

1. Has a French touch

2. Hearkens back to the days of the late 18th, early 19 century when mountain men met in the Rocky mountains to party and provision-up before the start of the next fur season.

3. Green - mmmmm absinthe?

Hello,

My name is Dax. I reside in Tucson, Arizona with my wife Samantha.

I work as a draftsman/ designer. While searching the internet for absinthe

reviews on François Guy, I came upon the Wormwood Society webpage.

Previously never being a part of something like this, I decided to join.

I was introduced to the Green Muse by a very good friend of mine, who also

shared a pinchant for fine alcohols. The very first bottles of absinthe I purchased

were: La Clandestine Absinthe and a bottle of Trul 1792. La Clandestine was

clearly the better. Since then, I've resigned myself to drink only absinthes that come

from Switzerland or France. Though I wonder if there are any good, high quality

German absinthes?