Auguru

Question about Lachenmeier suggestion on thujone

.. but this was an exceptional year

Altitude, soil, seasonal conditions, time of harvest. They all affect the end product. An exceptional year is a beautiful thing indeed.

I mean the year they make l'artisanal was an year that the pontalier-swiss wormwood thujone level was really low and the plant as fragrant has high thujone

Understood. I just enjoy talking about growing wormwood. ;)

I mean the year they make l'artisanal was an year that the pontalier-swiss wormwood thujone level was really low and the plant as fragrant has high thujone

Incorrect. Fragrance ≠ thujone.

Maybe they didn't dry it long enough? Pernod Fils used to let the stuff hang in a barn for a year.

I think i'm not understood this is exactly what I stated :

so to be clearer :

L'artisanal wormwood was from pontarlier and got amazing Fragrance and low thujone it was an exceptional year

nowaday to get the same Fragrance ... they need to deal with high thujone ...( since there is no more low thujone wormwood growing in this area) VDT producer use wormwood of one or two years behind ... like pernod did they use the oldest plant materials for wormwood ( I remember that a factory goes to even 5 years old wormwood) , roman wormwood need to be of the current year

Edited by EdouardPerneau