Zman (Marc Bernhard)

A call to arms

This is really bad, and may be old news to you guys here...

This seller on Ebay is selling this "as a novelty" towards the bottom in the "how does it work" area. Then proceeds to give directions on how to make the product into absinthe. They then talk about refills. How can Ebay allow this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ABSINTHE-HOME-WINE-BRE...a#ht_1591wt_789

Edited by sbmac

The crapsinthe yes, the review, not so much:

By Matt Summers in Stony Brook, NY on Mon, 7 May 2012 at 10:36
Edited by Miguel

Still a great source for humor. From that shitsinthe's website: "Our micron filtration ensures you don't end up with a pour quality questionable product." The irony is thick.

From their FAQ...

"I just saw a bottle of absinthe in the liquor store , I thought it was illegal to sell absinthe in the US?

This subject is getting complicated but yes traditional absinthe is illegal to sell. But given the thirst of Americans desire for absinthe the industry is finding a way to get it to the people. There is a chemical in traditional absinthe called Thujone, this chemical is banned in food products by the FDA. This one chemical is what makes absinthe illegal to sell.

Companies and the liquor industry have found that by filtering out this chemical they can legally sell their brand of absinthe in the USA.

Seeing dollar signs many distillers and companies are now on a public relations campaign to downplay the role of Thujone and gain acceptance of this form absinthe by the American public. Many are writing articles or launching sites that promote this new view of absinthe in an effort to gain acceptance."

Edited by optional

There is a moron out there that thinks he can use filters instead of distilling to make good absinthe. He is finding even stupider people to buy his xit.

From their FAQ...

Seeing dollar signs many distillers and companies are now on a public relations campaign to downplay the role of Thujone ...

Incredible.

There will always be those who believe the first thing they are told. One of them is born every minute, or so I hear.

Let's see them back their assertions up with historical data and science... I know we can.

attached to one of the above links for an "absinthe kit", I found this gem:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/21-STAINLESS-STEEL...=item1e67916819

While it is listed for 'beer brewing", WWTTFF am I supposed to use this for!?!?!?! This was listed with absinthe crap!! Should I be using this with absinthe crap? How the crap do I use it?!?!?

Joe uses a similar one for his late night coco puffs. ;)

The spoons I have all have holes in them.

It's a diet/exercise tool as well.

It works great for Coco Puffs and brewing beer. Not so good for absinthe unless your absinthe glass is one of Absomphe's.

A fool and his money... :rolleyes:

And from the sounds of this, if they can't take it from your wallet, they absolutely do intend to take it out of your ass.

Edited by Hedonmonkey

If you want a Green Devil :puke:

you send to:

Green Devil Absinthe

305 W Magnolia #141

Fort Collins CO

If you want an Enema :poop:

Internal Cleansing Systems

305 W Magnolia #141

Fort Collins Co 80521

They must want us to be clean on both ends.

:laf: :laf: :laf: :laf: :laf: :laf:

If you want a Green Devil :puke:

you send to:

Green Devil Absinthe

305 W Magnolia #141

Fort Collins CO

If you want an Enema :poop:

Internal Cleansing Systems

305 W Magnolia #141

Fort Collins Co 80521

They must want us to be clean on both ends.

Great find!

Le Lavement Vert!

My conversation thus far:

To: newdigitalsolutions

Subject: Details about item: Joe Legate sent a message about GREEN DEVIL AUTHENTIC ABSINTHE KIT COMPLETE with Green Devil Goblet + Bonus~NEW #330742939450

Sent Date: Jun-05-12 10:54:13 PDT

Dear newdigitalsolutions,

This won't make real absinthe, will it?

To: Joe Legate

Subject: Re: Details about item: Joe Legate sent a message about GREEN DEVIL AUTHENTIC ABSINTHE KIT COMPLETE with Green Devil Goblet + Bonus~NEW #330742939450

Sent Date: Jun-06-12 06:24:16 PDT

Dear Joe,

Please see the Green Devil website for info on this product. Although you can't import or produce real absinthe for sale by law, Green Devil produces this product for personal consumption if you want to take the time to prepare it(takes days). Note that alcohol spirits, which are of course an essential part of the process, aren't included with the kit and would need to be supplied by the buyer(complete preparation instructions are included).

- newdigitalsolutions

Dear newdigitalsolutions,

You can't import or produce real absinthe by law? But I own Ridge Distillery and make Extrait d'Absinthe Verte and Blanche. I make real absinthe. I notice you didn't actually answer my question directly, did you? I think you know that this is little more than snake oil and your intention is to deceive people too dumb or ill-informed to know better. Do you think I'm right?

Bets may now be placed on whether they reply. :devil: