Brian Robinson

Absinthe Helfrich

It's a little reminiscent of Montmartre, but without the cinnamon.

There is a definite citric quality, and it has a generally spicy profile, but could use a rounder mouthfeel to support the spice.

The louche and color are not bad at all, and it was certainly a very worthy first effort, which scored in the low seventies over at Fee Verte, as I recall.

Yea, I know what you mean, the only reason I can do the order I am is because I payed the goverment more than I should have... And this order is going to have to last me quite a while...

It's a little reminiscent of Montmartre, but without the cinnamon.

There is a definite citric quality, and it has a generally spicy profile, but could use a rounder mouthfeel to support the spice.

The louche and color are not bad at all, and it was certainly a very worthy first effort, which scored in the low seventies over at Fee Verte, as I recall.

Is there anything you DON'T know?

I got a bottle of this from a friend who visited Amsterdam in November last year, and I was pleasantly surprised by how refreshing it is. I really recommend this! Any friend of the Duplais Balance would appreciate it. If it resembles any other verte, my thoughts go directly to the D.B. rather than the Montmartre.

It has indeed a very lovely green colour. However, a little more than three months after I opened it I now see that it has taken the colour of dying leaves; the initial green is gone (despite storing it in darkness all the time). But that is of less importance really; when louched, it looks very inviting, and the wonderful freshness is still there in scent and flavour. A droolworthy absinthe. Try it!

This one actually is new, though the recipe is virtually the same as the one underlying the old version reviewed over at FV (which will definitely not be continued). It took us quite a lot of effort to release the product in its current form (as well as some excitement, personal grief, schisms within the Dutch absinthe community -- eventually we took the original distiller off the project). So... erm... well, here we are, with our properly distilled absinthe from The Netherlands. And we do like it.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :devil:

:harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :devil: :wub:

Is there anything you DON'T know?

Why, yes...

Yes, there is.

Unfortunately, it involves where you can find any Abyss for sale. :tongue:

Ouch.

Brilliant, Guillaume!

That should be part of a Dogfish Head Brewing ad campaign...they'd probably sell the heck out of that brew.

Ah, but it was the 1914, and the 1901 that put the real temporary crimp in the budget, you see...

The Abyss was only purchased so that there'd be some food in the apartment to go with it. :)

Thanks, Dakini...

Contrary to popular belief, I'm occasionally more than just a wagging tongue, no matter what that green guy thinks. B)