DesertWolf

Good things to say about La Maison d'Absinthe

I placed an order with La Maison d'Absinthe this weekend, and ended up haveing an email chat with Rene.

Very responsive to my emails, I wanted to know if they were going to have any 2 glass sets, I don't need a set of six. Here was the response I got back.

. I am actually in the process of re-designing my web site and everything will be offered in any quantity you want. I expect it to be up in about two weeks. We will also be giving you a choice of having your absinthe spoon handle engraved with your name or initials. Also, around the 20th of April, we will be receiving lots of new items, including Cordon glasses, more Pontarlier glasses, new spoons, the much anticipated balanciers, and many other things. We are currently out of the Reservoir glasses, but should be receiving some in the next week or so.

I always appreciate quick, responsive customer service, and Rene was very quick to answer my questions.

My glasses are on their way, and should be here Friday.

I just want to say great job Rene. :cheers:

If you're ever in NOLA, try to stop by. He'll make you feel like your the most important customer in the world!

Your a swell guy! :thumbup:

I appreciate the recommendation, and the fact that La Maison is expanding its inventory is a good sign for the absinthe fraternity here in the US. Thanks, I'll be looking closely at La Maison in mid-March when I have some disposable cash with which to make some purchases. :thumbup:

If you're ever in NOLA, try to stop by. He'll make you feel like your the most important customer in the world!

I can't wait to move to NOLA in a year or two, I'll probably end up being a regular customer.

I had a long and pleasant phone conversation with René just the other day.

I fully endorse his shop; I believe in supporting those who do it right.

He runs an old fashioned, customer-oriented business with old-fashioned "good business" values. He's competitive in the most gentlemanly way; he cares more about the health of the market and the community than he does about profiteering on ebay.

He cares about absinthe culture and actually knows about absinthe, unlike some of the other high profile US entrepreneurs I won't mention.

That's why I've never hesitated to redirect all inquiries in the WS shop to him.

All that, and he's a great guy!

I think it'd be fun if we went shopping their as a group in July.

It is nice to see all these nice comments about La Maison d'Absinthe and René . Back on 1/13/07 we did 4 Buy-It-Nows on the four Absinthe Cat prints. On 1/14/07 we heard from Rene that #4 was not in stock and listed in error. He was most apologetic and offered to refund for #4, refund for all four, ship the three in hand and the fourth after the very slow boat from France arrived, or wait and ship all four together. He just e-mailed me the tracking number for #4 and I should get it next week. I did call him a couple of weeks ago to check on the boat's progress across the pond, and he was indeed a very friendly and personable fellow. I mentioned to him that New Orleans is my former home and I still return regularly to visit family, and threatened to call on him when I next came to town. That will be the first week in April and I look forward to meeting René and checking out La Maison d'Absinthe.