BrotherO

The proper Czech method of drinking Absinthe

Sorry, DW! It was Lister's daughter getting married. Apologies.

[sorry, DW! It was Lister's daughter getting married. Apologies.

No problem MCP, was just wondering if I missed a party I should have attended!..

Maybe Absomphe's short term memory problems are contagious.... :twitchsmile:

I still crack up thinking about when Stroller wanted to tattoo roasting instructions on Newman.

Is that really true? Holy fooking hilarious.

And shabba, that radio show sounds like one of the shows on Dutch television called 'try before you die'.. I wouldn't waste good absinthe on them..

If they are willing to learn about absinthe, then I'd be more than happy to share it. They do an absinthe show typically every month or so. I can tell they are uninformed because they even recommend buying from a site that costs about 20% more to buy the same product from some of the more popular assbinth sites.

If they take me up on the offer, then they are willing to learn. If they are willing to learn, I'm willing to part with some good brands. Only if they show that they are truly interested and appreciate the good COs will I then open up a sample of the 1914. There's only a very slight chance of that.

I can tell they are uninformed because they even recommend buying from a site that costs about 20% more to buy the same product from some of the more popular assbinth sites.

I don't think that's uninformed as much as it probably is a form of sponsorship. You don't think they pay for the hooch they drink, do you?

I wouldn't waste good absinthe on them..

As a better idea, share it with us

:thumbup:
Sorry, DW! It was Lister's daughter getting married. Apologies.
Seems like the short term memory is contagious... how soon they forget :tongue:

But since you ask, it went quite well. I even smiled a few times.

On topic,

It's people like that (and a bunch of others I watched there) that let us know just how far we have to go. *bleak sigh*
What he said!

If they are willing to learn, I'm willing to part with some good brands. Only if they show that they are truly interested and appreciate the good COs will I then open up a sample of the 1914.

Shit, I'm willing to learn (clam up 'Somphe)

I've never sampled the 1914. Waste some on me before those dip-shits.

Oh, yeah!

Forgive me if this is posted somewhere already, but I thought these guys were hilarious.

How to ruin a glass of absinthe.

I've said it I-don't-know-how-many-times, but I'll say it again, burning Czech absinth is better than drinking it. Flame on! :devil:
Until the neighbors decide to throw a barbeque, and you find out that the featured entree is pulled pork...
Huh, huh, he said pulled pork, huh, huh. :harhar:

To some, burning is the "proper" way:

You're an absinthe fan. How much have you had in one go?

Half a bottle with Steven when we were writing the album. I appreciate it as a long drink when you make it properly with water and burn it with sugar in a spoon. It takes you to a different level of drunkenness when you're sensible about it. I like to drink it with cranberry juice. I invented the best cocktail in the world - absinthe, cranberry juice and Grolsch lager.

60 SECONDS: Betty Curse | Metro.co.uk

Betty Curse has a whole 'nother meaning amongst longtime members of the absinthe community, methinks...maybe several meanings, come to think of it...and each one kinda icky, in its own special way. :devil:

College kids, Betty Curse, Johnny Depp, Manson, maybe we're the ones that got it all wrong. Seems to be the least popular view and not nearly as much fun. :pirate:

What we wouldn't do for our kiddies, eh, Lister?
Well, I try :)

Shit, I'm willing to learn (clam up 'Somphe)

I've never sampled the 1914. Waste some on me before those dip-shits.

Ditto!

Oh, yeah!

My bar is always open to visitors. :wave2:

For samples through the mail, since I won't be enjoying the company, trades are more appropriate. ;)