CurtisG

One Bäd Pig

Hello to all!

My name is Curtis. I live in Glen Rose,Texas. Bootleg whiskey stills were common here during prohibition. (Google: "Glen Rose"+moonshine)

I found this forum after google searching "absinthe". I kept hearing references to absinthe and was intrigued... then i heard some metal-head (Dani Filth) mention it. That was about the same time was becoming bored with the same old Rum\coke, Margarita routine and was looking for something more exciting.

I ordered a bottle of François Guy last week after a good bit of consideration. It is supposed to arrive next week. Hiram has assured me that it tastes nothing at all like pickled herring.

I will give a full report when the glorious event has happened :cheers:

No i do not plan on burning any sugar......

Welcome :cheers:

Welcome among us, you will find well certainly yourself ;) , ciao.

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

!

Nice avatar - it reminds me of Swingin' Pig records

Thank you, OBP is my online gaming name and radio station KSHE95's mascot (hello jcbphd!) turned out to be the best avatar i could find. Not much game playing these days since i've moved out into the country and there is no hi-speed net here.

Speaking of avatars, WS Forum members seem to have very interesting avatars.

I kept hearing references to absinthe and was intrigued... then i heard some metal-head (Dani Filth) mention it. That was about the same time was becoming bored with the same old Rum\coke, Margarita routine and was looking for something more exciting.

Welcome! :cheers:

I dig Cradle of Filth. I've wondered for a while if Dani drinks anything good or if he falls for the Czechsinth crap.

There's a lot of knowledge here about cocktails and such. Absinthe is not the only exciting way to break the Rum/coke / Margarita routine. :)

Thank you, OBP is my online gaming name and radio station KSHE95's mascot (hello jcbphd!) turned out to be the best avatar i could find.

Welcome to the party! :cheers: So how did you come to choose KSHE 95's mascot as your avatar? Are you from the STL area?

Born in Alton, moved away as a child, have family in that area but haven't visited for 4 yrs.

[singing It's a Small World] I grew up in STL, but have worked in IL for years, at the psych hospital in Granite City and at SIU Edwardsville. Nice to meet ya! :wave2:

I can't believe that none of us picked up on you joining on the first day of the Year of the Pig. Another reason to welcome you. :cheers:

And a late Gong Xi Fa Cai to everyone! :cheers: