Bob

Good afternoon, one and all.

Here with the customary introduction. 45 year old male, born in Florida, live in North Carolina. Did four years with the US Navy, have been a hotel worker since then. Haven't ever been much of a drinker, save for three years in Spain where I developed a good working knowledge of Sherry and Spanish brandy.

Haven't tasted absinthe yet, but am familiar with anise-flavored drinks from my time in Spain. This next week I'll be purchasing a mouthwash dispenser/fountain from Lowe's, some spoons, two Pontarlier glasses, and my first bottle of absinthe, probably Jade Edouard 72, but I'm willing to entertain other choices.

Edited by Bob

North Carolina?!?!?! Charlotte here!

Welcome, Sir! :cheers:

Welcome Bob. :cheers:

What is it with absinthe in the Southeast?

Not certain. If it's a serious question, perhaps the South is perceived as having a more leisurely-paced lifestyle compared with other parts of the country. If you discount the white trash dwellers of Tobacco Road, the tradition of the South is that of the genteel old Cavaliers that make up many of the famous southern families, and leisure was part of that tradition. Jefferson was an oenophile, remember, just for one example.

"oenophile" I am probably the only one that had to look that up.

I do not mind spending a little more on the greens but when it comes to

wine I am a two buck chuck drinker.

Welcome, Bob

I am not anymore now the "last arrival" ;) , welcome in this green valley :cheers: ciao.

Edited by FAROM