raindog

Another lurker emerges....

"Prick Up Your Ears". Wow. Hell, I just love Gary Oldman! "Sid and Nancy" you name it!

Doubly welcome! :cheers: For I am a raindog too. :wave2:

You wouldn't be either Raindog, or Raindog, would you? ...there have been at least two other Raindogs, between Fee Verte, and Louched Lounge
I was going to ask that myself, except I didn't know that there were two other raindogs.

Thought I'd finally post a message after lurking about since December learning about the wonders of the Absinthe Fairy :)

That part pretty much had me convinced he was neither one, though. :)

Wahey! Looks like we have a Tom Waits appreciation society forming :)

Hmmmmm....Problems on the Duplais Balance front. The only place that seems to sell it is the German site Absinthvertrieb Lion. They take credit cards but not the method of payment I wanted.

And I checked the LDF site, and they're out of stock of the Verte at the moment! I want to use LDF for this purchase so it looks like it might be one of the alternatives they offer. Any recommendations for a mid priced Absinthe for a first timer?

I'm lusting hard for the green nectar :hyper:

Jeff.

And thank you all for the great welcome! :) :)

Jeff.

Also, what about François Guy and/or Clandestine Le Bleue? They keep being recommended here. We have just ordered some Clandestine and plan the Guy next. They also have a Blanche de Fougerolles and Verte de Fougerolles bottle combo that sounds like another good start.

The only place that seems to sell it (Balance) is the German site Absinthvertrieb Lion. They take credit cards but not the method of payment I wanted.

Dats rite. What method do you prefer to use?

I'm curious about that too but was afraid to ask.

Thanks for the recommendations Bluescan! I like the sound of the clandestine and Guy offerings.

The payment method I favour is to use my bank card, but this only works with UK dealers unfortunately....At least I think so.

Clandestine it is then! I shall order right away :cheers:

Jeff.

P.S Hah! I've decided to get the fougerolles samplers and a couple of glasses instead. What an indecisive swine I am ;)

Edited by raindog

The payment method I favour is to use my bank card, but this only works with UK dealers unfortunately....At least I think so.

If it has a VISA logo it will work anywhere. Mine does and it does, unfortunately.

It is probably a debit card only for the bank at hand. I had one of those a long time ago when life was easier to manage. :)

If it has a VISA logo it will work anywhere. Mine does and it does, unfortunately.

Ditto. As well as my MasterCard bank card and my wife's Maestro bank card from ABN Amro in many places.

Hi Folks,

my order of the VDF is arriving Monday :cheers:

I wait with baited spoon......

It's getting sent to my workplace, as I've suddenly been deluged with overtime, which is paying for my Absinthe order. Nice!

I'll have to tie my hands behind my back to stop myself cracking it open at work and having a taste. We have a steady supply of ice and filtered water.....NO! I mustn't go there....

Jeff.

You will enjoy!

Welcome! I have not formally introduced myself yet....i was going to do that tonite but then i saw metodd1's

avatar and had a frantic urge to call the bomb squad :shock:

Do the call letters KSHE95 mean anything to you?

Indeed. I stole my avatar from them :pirate: QUIT ANALYZING ME!!!!! Roflcopter :P

Edited by OneBadPig