raindog

Another lurker emerges....

Hello everyone,

Thought I'd finally post a message after lurking about since December learning about the wonders of the Absinthe Fairy :)

I'm ordering my first bottle soon, the Duplais Balance, partly because it seems well liked, and partly because of the connections of the drink to Jhon Balance, one of my musical heroes.

I've never tasted Absinthe before, but years ago tried to get an idea of what it tasted like by experimenting with Pernod. Not very successful!

Very interesting forum for me. Especially fascinating looking at the paraphernalia and gadgets around the drink. Might get one of those interesting see-saw Brouilleurs at some point too...Nifty!

I hope I can look forward to a lifetime of discoveries with Absinthe B)

Jeff.

Welcome. :cheers:

The Balance is a wonderful absinthe, but for the bite you will take on shipping it really does make sense to get a larger order. Maybe the Duplais three pack.

Welcome here.

I can only imagine the sadness of opening a parcel with only one bottle in it. JEEZ, I've only been doing this for a few weeks.

Obsessions are ok. Always fun to find a new one.

Thanks everyone!

I must admit I like the idea of the three pack :D Money's the problem as usual :(

I'm in the Uk so the postage shouldn't be so frightening I hope.

I'm ordering the Duplais tonight, maybe with a couple of glasses. Exciting stuff!

Jeff.

Welcome, Raindog! :cheers:

You wouldn't be either Raindog, or Raindog, would you?

Just kidding...there have been at least two other Raindogs, between Fee Verte, and Louched Lounge, so I was just covering my bases. ;)

Thanks everyone! What a great welcome :wave2:

That's the trouble with being a raindog, lots of us about! I'm a Raindog who hasn't been here or at La Fee Verte before.

Blame Tom Waits for it B) I've been a Raindog (at least on the net!) for the last 10 years or more B)

Jeff.

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Thanks everyone! What a great welcome :wave2:

That's the trouble with being a raindog, lot's of us about! I'm a Raindog who hasn't been here or at La Fee Verte before.

Blame Tom Waits for it B) I've been a Raindog (at least on the net!) for the last 10 years or more B)

Jeff.

Welcome! :wave2:

Good to see another Tom Waits fan!

He was pretty scary in Bram Stoker's "Dracula".

Thanks everyone!

I must admit I like the idea of the three pack :D Money's the problem as usual :(

I'm in the Uk so the postage shouldn't be so frightening I hope.

I'm ordering the Duplais tonight, maybe with a couple of glasses. Exciting stuff!

Jeff.

I believe shipping is free in the UK from LDF. It seems they only carry the Duplais verte though.