jimzuma

Montmartre - Where to find it in Germany?

I am heading to Germany in March and would love to be able to find one of my favorites, Montmartre- Does anyone know where I can find it? I will be flying into Frankfurt.

Thanks!! :)

Your best bet would be ordering it from one of the online distributors like Markus Lion out of Teningen, in Southern Germany.

Once upon a time I had a bookmark for a site that had a list of brick and mortar stores in Germany selling absinthe. Alas, no more. I only remember that there were two or three listed in Berlin. Personally, I keep hoping to learn of one in Dresden (it's a reasonable drive for me). Let me know if you think you'll be heading this way.

Ding ding ding ding! The bells just went off for me, Pan! I don't know why (I just don't) I thought you lived here in the Georgia mountains! Duh!

One hour from Frankfurt, Absinthemonde probably has the largest selection of absinthes in the world. Last time I was there, they had over 300 different lines in stock (including different sizes). A lot of Czechsinth, but everything else too. Except pre-ban.

Couldn't get past the homepage on that one. I'd like to see what they have there.

There is nothing beyond the homepage! You could try emailing them, or, to the OP, phone before getting on the train to Heidelberg to make sure they are open that day.

MPC, believe me, they have everything people here have heard of, as well as many we haven't. I had the "pleasure" of sampling the 330 when I was there last time (330 mg/kg of thujone), as well as NO, etc etc etc ...

One hour from Frankfurt, Absinthemonde probably has the largest selection of absinthes in the world. Last time I was there, they had over 300 different lines in stock (including different sizes). A lot of Czechsinth, but everything else too. Except pre-ban.

That's it, you're the man! Hiedelberg it is!

I'll let you know how it was when I get back.

Thanks!

:wave2:

I'll let you know how it was when I get back.
Should read "IF I get back ..." with all those absinthes to check out! By "everything," I meant every commercial absinthe.

JZ, I'll PM the owner's direct e-mail address.

Oh, sure. Just waltz right in without so much as a "Hi honey, I'm home" after being gone for six months and now you want help. Well, I never!

Good luck. Montmartre is in France. :harhar: (Jeez, I can't believe you guys missed that one.)

Good to see you back, Jim. :cheers:

Wouldn't want to embarass you. (You know, buying a crateful of czechsinth to take back home.) Besides, my kids claim to be fluent in German. (And they're not exaggerating my much.)

Oh, sure. Just waltz right in without so much as a "Hi honey, I'm home" after being gone for six months and now you want help. Well, I never!

Good luck. Montmartre is in France. :harhar: (Jeez, I can't believe you guys missed that one.)

Good to see you back, Jim. :cheers:

Thanks Hiram, it's like I never left. By the way yes Monmartre is in France but Monmartre Absinthe is from Austria.(as if you didn't know that)

http://www.absinthe-montmartre.com/

I just figured somewhere in Germany I could find it and others. I'm giddy with anticipation to walk into that store in Hiedelberg! Like a kid in a candy store- :D

Funny, you don't look old enough to be forgetful.

Tell me about it. I couldn't even blame it on a late night posting! Thanks, DP.