ShaiHulud

Decadently Delicious??

There is often some very interesting stuff at this place and it has become a favourite of Pensieve's and mine but this ring I am not to sure of...

...perhaps it is because I can't decide if I am a romantic or a symbolist.

I had forgotten about the Pyramid Collection. They got their little chunk of my student loan $ back in my school days.

Never heard of this collection.

I am short-sighted :) but do not see any connection with absinthe in/on/around that piece of cloth, sorry. The price :shock: is, however, the other story.

It's a vicious cycle.

"Take kindly the counsel of the years,

gracefully surrendering the things of youth."

Screw that. My New Balance are just way more comfy than the Chuck Taylors. ;)

That jacket is really snazzy, Alan.

I think you should upgrade your avatar, and pose for a glamshot sporting it. :cheers:

Edited by Absomphe

You'd probably look better in it than that guy. That thing is about three sizes too small for him; that's why he's tugging at the cuffs.

phpThumb.jpg

I am short-sighted, but do not see any connection with absinthe in/on/around that piece of cloth, sorry.
Nothing new, that's marketing for you. But I'm sure glad that Chanel perfume doesn't smell like Coco.

You'd probably look better in it than that guy. That thing is about three sizes too small for him; that's why he's tugging at the cuffs.

Actually, it does fit the model. Look at the shoulders. Most men today get clothes that are waaaaaaayy too big for them. Not every man is an XL.

Oh, shit. Why did I just post that? :no:

Amen to that! Why do some men insist on buying their britches ten sizes too big so I have to look at their drawers? Not sexy. Not in the least.

Looks like the new trend is slim, slim, slim. Like something out of the 60's or something. Prada, Dolce and G and the like are making clothes that only mannequins or emaciated meth users can fit into.

Edited by MASTERPC

Now I understand the blazer strategy ... This is the absinthe page on the same site. People say "Wow ... $310 for a blazer, that's a lot ... makes this Logan Fils absinthe seem great value."

These marketing people are clever. Sly but clever. What is this "TrendHunter Magazine" anyway? Should cool cats like me be reading it?

The little music to the presentation was a bit on the trippy side. Pretty cool.

Not every man is an XL.

Oh, shit. Why did I just post that? :no:

Reminds me of the old joke...

Why can't women do carpentry? Because men keep insisting that this (hold up fingers three inches apart) is six inches.

Amen to that! Why do some men insist on buying their britches ten sizes too big so I have to look at their drawers? Not sexy. Not in the least.

It's just a matter of time until one of WAL-MART's in-house brands will start making "Hip-Hopster" pants for young men that have fake boxer-tops sewn into the waistband so that it looks like your boxers are showing. They already sell t-shirts with contrasting long sleeves sewn in to make it look like you're wearing layered shirts.

That makes me think of dickies. Not the trendy workwear. And I'm not referring to anyone's naughty bits either. I'm talking about a fake turtleneck that you wear under a sweater or blouse. My mother was in love with the damned things in the 80's, and insisted on buying me some and making me wear them. Who knows why. Is it really that much trouble and/or expense to just put on a whole turtleneck? Sorry about that rant. I'm much calmer now. Thanks for listening.

You got dickies for Christmas? As a gift? For crying out loud, if you're going to give someone a present at least give them an entire shirt. I'm so sorry to hear of this tragedy, OMG. The humanity. ;)

Yup. I used to have to wear one when I was in my single digit years. UGH! I hated it!