Oxygenee

See-Saw Brouilleurs in stock

Yeah. Maybe it doesn't like my voice? :blink:

Ok, dim the lights and put on some appropriate music. Treat it like a plant. Patience my friend. The rewards will be worth it. ;)

I'm giving advice on something I know nothing about. I do get along with machines fairly well though. :D

:laf:

Well, we'll see what happens next time I give it a shot. It is quite malleable.

gently tweak the see-saw so that the fulcrum is directly below the drip.

Somehow, this description creates a desire to get one more than anything else I've seen or read. I just can't explain it.

Finally the Italian post released my Brouille on Saturday. took 8 days to get to spagettiville. Looks very nice, did have to tweak it a bit. To paraphrase a former significant other; "I thought it would be bigger" But I am satisfied with the product, both young-uns watched the see saw rocker with awe and wanted me to make another right away :clap:

Congrats, OMG. Doc, hang tight. :)

Got mine! Thanks again, MPC, for your generosity! :cheers: I have tested the little gem out with just water and it looks to be in fine working order to me. I will probably wait until the weekend to try it out with absinthe, as my liver needs a rest after the past week!

Awesome, Doc! Glad you got it. Enjoy. :cheers:

The brouilleur works very well with no tweaking. I was concerned it may pour to fast but that concern has been put to rest. The thing is WAY cool. I found that as long as the water level is a bit low, it drips much slower. That I can deal with. I think it looks good on the shelf next to my fountains but it looks better atop a glass of absinthe, like it belongs there. ;)

Boy, is this thing the answer for me.

Mine also works fine right out of the box. And it's exactly what I was hoping it would be: the new answer for how I'm going to make myself a single glass of absinthe. I want individual droplets to slap the surface, and create roiling clouds, "troubling" my drink.

The glass "drippers" create a smooth, even stream that mechanically increases the fluid level of the drink, creating an only slightly foggy parfait effect with a diminishing green band. Besides going too fast for my taste, it loses all of the cool visual drama created by individual droplets from a fountain. And I can't help but feel that the oils are also being better mixed and shuffled into the solution by the extra violence of the splashes.

But it's a rare sample that causes me to break out even the baby Versinthe fountain just to make myself a glass of absinthe, so I usually wind up loosening the cap of a half-frozen water bottle and trying to take two minutes to dribble the right amount of water into my drink. This new antique gizmo is 4/5 as good as a fountain, and at least twice as good as anything else for giving me the kind of louche I want without making a big deal out of fixing myself a drink.

All that and it's cool-looking and entertaining. Problem solved.

Now on to global warming...

All that and it's cool-looking and entertaining. Problem solved.

Damn! Now you're making me want to spend money on a seize-awe brouilleur instead of heat!

Now on to global warming...

And space debris...

Great reviews! :cheers:

I'll probably break mine in on some absinthe this weekend.