Lister

Beer! Not just for people.

"The Abyss" is an insider something or another drink yes, Absomphe?

It's a really delicious, and complex 11% ABV Imperial Stout brewed by Deschutes Brewing out of Bend, Oregon, MPC. It's actually brewed with the addition of licorice, and molasses, but there are plenty of hops to balance the sweetness, andthe stout was aged in bourbon, and merlot barrels.

Normally, such stouts taste top-heavy of the barrels they were aged in, but not so with this beauty. The flavors imparted here are soft, and subtle, almost serving as catalysts to enhance the overall flavor profile. The body is rich, full, and creamy, and the aftertaste is longer than the 1914 Pernod Fils.

Definitely :thumbup:..way up.

Unfortunately, it's only available in December, and January, so there won't be any more until next year. :(

Edited by Absomphe

I see! Thanks so much. Is there a website where I can read up on it a little? Although I'm not really a beer drinker, I do like to try interesting and quality stuff out there if given the opportunity.

Edited by MASTERPC

I found it. Thanks!

Edited by MASTERPC

Thanks for decipering the mystery of the Abyss for me Absomphe and MASTERPC. :cheers: I had no idea what the Abyss refered to before this, besides a l-o-n-g movie with Ed Harris.

Let me know if they do ship it MPC.

I was always afraid to ask but glad I did. The brewery does not ship and the listed vendors do not have that seasonal beer as an offering. I just emailed the brewery to confirm that we might be out of luck so stay tuned, lest Absomphe can confirm for us that we are or not?

I'm afraid you are. :(

Perhaps they'll brew a considerably larger quantity of it next year, given the sterling ratings it has received on Ratebeer.com.

Yeah, the 100 rating was amazing to see. Damn. Lucky bastard! :)