Lister

Beer! Not just for people.

My uncle's two dogs DRINK the real beer and feel alright :cheers: Their fav is Tyskie from a bowl; yet they do not drink much. Interesting link but will people go for it? I am not so sure

Edited by absinthist

This is absurd. Non alcoholic beer for dogs that costs more than a Moose Drool. :shock: Crazy xit man.

All my dogs have gotten stale Pabst Blue Ribbon and loved it.

All my dogs have gotten stale Pabst Blue Ribbon and loved it.

You beat me to it, Grayling.

I was going to say, non-alcoholic beer for dogs...let them drink Pabst!

Our Cocker's name is Danny Slow Elk. The Slow Elk came from him helping himself to my "Slow Elk Oatmeal Stout" an unfortunately discontinued line from the makers of Moose Drool. Damn, that ale was breakfast in a bottle.

That's sad about the Slow Elk it was a good beer. While exploring the brewery website I found a couple Big Sky beers I have yet to try. Big Sky Crystal Ale and IPA. :cheers:

This is my favorite. Delicious and strong!

Do you prefer that one to Cafe du Monde? I enjoy chicory in my coffee, but was disappointed with the canned Cafe du Monde I picked up at the grocery store.

No comparison.

Thanks for the tip, KJ. I'll have to look for it.

Chicory is the common name given to the flowering plants in genus Cichorium of the family Asteraceae. There are two cultivated species, and four to six wild species.

Common chicory (Cichorium intybus) is a bushy perennial herb with blue or lavender flowers. Originating from Europe, it was naturalized in North America, where it has become a roadside weed. The roots are baked, ground, and used as a coffee substitute and additive in the plant's Mediterranean region of origin, although its use as a coffee additive is still very popular in the American South, particularly in New Orleans.

IMHO, I must add that coffee with chicory has always been very popular in Poland when the genuine coffee was very scarce.

Chicory

Looks like abs beat me to the link.

Edited by MASTERPC

The coffee is milder and healthier, everyone fond of coffee, should at least try it. Moreover, you can drink much more of it, so even according to Wiki I would not call it substitute but a drink of its own, sorry MasterPC we have though about it the same time :cheers:

Actually, the chicory adds body and flavor to the coffee, imo. The root is roasted and ground and cuts the bitterness a bit to the dark roasted coffee. I, personally, could not drink more of this strong brew as it is just that, strong.

I find that it adds what the French refer to as a certain I don't know what to the flavor of the coffee. In other words, its good but ineffable. ;)