metodd1

Brouilleur

I'm conflicted...Do I order another bottle and aggrevate the misses with my frivolous

spending? Or do I hold off until next Christmas?

Edited by Lycaon

Until next Christmas?! Impossible. So, easy answer. Annoy the missus. Get some Jade, Duplais, or maybe try the Montmarte for your next selection. Or why not just go all out and supply yourself for a while with a big purchase, and save on shipping? Then you won't need to nurse that FG you have.

Edited by metodd1

On Todd's suggestion, I was thinking of the Jade. Maybe Clandestine. Though, I did

very much like the bottle of François Guy I had purchased. Nothing too ridiculous

in price, but great quality and 75cl to 100cl.

Any particular kind you're looking for?

Nope, no kind in particular -- I'm going to collect different types, but I have yet to purchase any. I have a good number of glasses and spoons, a fountain. No brouilleur yet.

Lycaon -- 1 liter duplais = good buy.

Edit: Shabba - not sure if you were addressing me but I assume so.

Edited by metodd1

The prices of the Jades may annoy the missus more than you'd like, but the quality is really there. I have friends who are very keen on the Duplais and it's very price conscious as well. Just a thought.

Lycaon -- 1 liter duplais = good buy.

As is the Balance at $32.50 for a 50cl bottle.

If you like FG may I suggest you also try Kübler 53, which also comes in a 1 litre size.

Thanks for the suggestion DP. I'll have to look into the Duplais. Right now I'm kind of floating

around until my next paycheck. My wife pretty much used all of it tonight to pay the bills.

Oh well...Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...

..and paying the bills keeps your internet access rolling. :devil:

Yea, he could but the bottles would be pretty small. So you would have to order a bunch, or may find a pigeon service that uses mutant giant pigeons.

Hey! All this talk is making me wanna swallow some food! Damn you aperitif absinthe in the midnight hour!

Does anyone remember what we'd have to do to get this information before the internet "age"?

Microfiche, anyone?

Damn, ain't technology grand?

Why, I remember when I'd need to use a pay phone somewhere and here we are in an age where not having a cellphone is "gufaw" material, yes?

I believe you may be talking about swallows...

What is the airspeed velocity of an unlaiden swallow?

I think you may be correct, but I must point out that a Pigeon has superior lifting power over a Swallow. Two Pigeons on steroids could in theory carry a LDF order to Iceland where it could be offloaded to an Albatross to continue the journey to Greenland where a team of Puffins would then ferry it to New Brunswick, from there it would be simple to pick up.

Flying Monkeys have nothing on flying Rats. Who needs Couriers anyway? ;)

What is the airspeed velocity of an unlaiden swallow?

I think you may be correct, but I must point out that a Pigeon has superior lifting power over a Swallow. Two Pigeons on steroids could in theory carry a LDF order to Iceland where it could be offloaded to an Albatross to continue the journey to Greenland where a team of Puffins would then ferry it to New Brunswick, from there it would be simple to pick up.

Flying Monkeys have nothing on flying Rats. Who needs Couriers anyway? ;)

Yeah, but what if they are in migrating season?

Ha!

No way an albatross is touching my absinthe. If it were to be killed, surely my merchandise would be siezed by customs and so would all future orders.

The Albatross is the weak link in the absinthe chain. Pre ban absinthes were shipped overnight by Auk.

Edited by MTgrayling