93 replies to this topic

#1 metodd1

metodd1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:37 PM

If so, PM me.

I know I can get them from various venders online. Thought someone might have one to sell.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He to whom this feeling is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed. -AE

#2 Lycaon

Lycaon

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:43 PM

I'm conflicted...Do I order another bottle and aggrevate the misses with my frivolous
spending? Or do I hold off until next Christmas?

Edited by Lycaon, 17 January 2007 - 05:43 PM.

"Lycaon himself fled in terror, and when he reached the silence of the country he howled as in vain he tried
to speak. His mouth acquired a mad ferocity arising from his basic nature, and he turned his accustomed
lust for slaughter against the flocks and now took joy in their blood."
-Ovid, Metamorphoses, (1, 211-252)

#3 metodd1

metodd1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:48 PM

Until next Christmas?! Impossible. So, easy answer. Annoy the missus. Get some Jade, Duplais, or maybe try the Montmarte for your next selection. Or why not just go all out and supply yourself for a while with a big purchase, and save on shipping? Then you won't need to nurse that FG you have.

Edited by metodd1, 17 January 2007 - 05:49 PM.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He to whom this feeling is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed. -AE

#4 Lycaon

Lycaon

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:53 PM

10-4 Good Buddy...I just might do that and place an order for three bottles!
"Lycaon himself fled in terror, and when he reached the silence of the country he howled as in vain he tried
to speak. His mouth acquired a mad ferocity arising from his basic nature, and he turned his accustomed

#5 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:26 PM

Any particular kind you're looking for?
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#6 Lycaon

Lycaon

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:32 PM

On Todd's suggestion, I was thinking of the Jade. Maybe Clandestine. Though, I did
very much like the bottle of François Guy I had purchased. Nothing too ridiculous
in price, but great quality and 75cl to 100cl.

#7 metodd1

metodd1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

Any particular kind you're looking for?

Nope, no kind in particular -- I'm going to collect different types, but I have yet to purchase any. I have a good number of glasses and spoons, a fountain. No brouilleur yet.

Lycaon -- 1 liter duplais = good buy.

Edit: Shabba - not sure if you were addressing me but I assume so.

Edited by metodd1, 17 January 2007 - 07:53 PM.

#8 dakini_painter

dakini_painter

Delaware Phoenix Distillery

• 3,825 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

The prices of the Jades may annoy the missus more than you'd like, but the quality is really there. I have friends who are very keen on the Duplais and it's very price conscious as well. Just a thought.

"Good is the only investment that never fails." Thoreau.
"Don't you push me baby cause I'm holdin' low / and you know I'm only in it for the gold" Grateful Dead
Distiller and Proprietor, Delaware Phoenix Distillery, Walton, NY. DSP-NY-15019. www.delawarephoenix.com

#9 MTgrayling

MTgrayling

Thymallus arcticus viridius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:54 PM

Lycaon -- 1 liter duplais = good buy.

As is the Balance at $32.50 for a 50cl bottle.
If you like FG may I suggest you also try Kübler 53, which also comes in a 1 litre size.
I had my taste buds amputated many years ago after an unfortunate toothbrush accident, any reviews or opinions I give are suspect and should be viewed as utterly useless.

Jeremy Bentham, the Pieta, and a Precious Few Grayling ; by David Quammen

#10 Lycaon

Lycaon

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for the suggestion DP. I'll have to look into the Duplais. Right now I'm kind of floating
around until my next paycheck. My wife pretty much used all of it tonight to pay the bills.
Oh well...Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder...

#11 MASTERPC

MASTERPC

Just me

• 5,015 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:08 PM

..and paying the bills keeps your internet access rolling. :devil:
"I read an article recently on the dangers of heavy drinking..
Scared the shit out of me.
So, that's it! After today, no more reading."

#12 metodd1

metodd1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:11 PM

He could try ordering by carrier pigeon.

#13 DesertWolf

DesertWolf

Absinthe Geek

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:13 PM

Yea, he could but the bottles would be pretty small. So you would have to order a bunch, or may find a pigeon service that uses mutant giant pigeons.
I start to feel like I am in an existentialist play written by a person with multiple personality disorder...

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." -- Philip K. Dick

"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart." -- ee cummings

#14 metodd1

metodd1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:21 PM

Damn, back to smoke signals I guess. They could still send the stuff via flying monkies.

#15 MTgrayling

MTgrayling

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:26 PM

Now, if you took two pigeons and tied them together they may be able to carry a coconut.
I had my taste buds amputated many years ago after an unfortunate toothbrush accident, any reviews or opinions I give are suspect and should be viewed as utterly useless.

#16 metodd1

metodd1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:38 PM

I believe you may be talking about swallows...

What is the airspeed velocity of an unlaiden swallow?

#17 MASTERPC

MASTERPC

Just me

• 5,015 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:43 PM

Hey! All this talk is making me wanna swallow some food! Damn you aperitif absinthe in the midnight hour!

#18 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:48 PM

An african or european swallow?

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#19 DesertWolf

DesertWolf

Absinthe Geek

• Content Team
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:49 PM

Speed of an unladen swallow
I start to feel like I am in an existentialist play written by a person with multiple personality disorder...

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." -- Philip K. Dick

"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart." -- ee cummings

#20 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

Ah, well, it seems we have our answer! :cheers:

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#21 MASTERPC

MASTERPC

Just me

• 5,015 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:53 PM

Does anyone remember what we'd have to do to get this information before the internet "age"?

Microfiche, anyone?

Damn, ain't technology grand?

Why, I remember when I'd need to use a pay phone somewhere and here we are in an age where not having a cellphone is "gufaw" material, yes?

#22 MTgrayling

MTgrayling

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:54 PM

I think you may be correct, but I must point out that a Pigeon has superior lifting power over a Swallow. Two Pigeons on steroids could in theory carry a LDF order to Iceland where it could be offloaded to an Albatross to continue the journey to Greenland where a team of Puffins would then ferry it to New Brunswick, from there it would be simple to pick up.

Flying Monkeys have nothing on flying Rats. Who needs Couriers anyway? ;)

#23 DesertWolf

DesertWolf

Absinthe Geek

• Content Team
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

We spent a lot of time in libraries.... :)

#24 MASTERPC

MASTERPC

Just me

• 5,015 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:57 PM

[/quote]

I think you may be correct, but I must point out that a Pigeon has superior lifting power over a Swallow. Two Pigeons on steroids could in theory carry a LDF order to Iceland where it could be offloaded to an Albatross to continue the journey to Greenland where a team of Puffins would then ferry it to New Brunswick, from there it would be simple to pick up.

Flying Monkeys have nothing on flying Rats. Who needs Couriers anyway? ;)
[/quote]

Yeah, but what if they are in migrating season?

#25 MTgrayling

MTgrayling

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:58 PM

Damn the perfect plan ruined by seasons! Well I guess I'll have to keep paying the Monkeys.

#26 metodd1

metodd1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:59 PM

Ha!

No way an albatross is touching my absinthe. If it were to be killed, surely my merchandise would be siezed by customs and so would all future orders.

#27 DesertWolf

DesertWolf

Absinthe Geek

• Content Team
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:02 PM

Or end up with the Ancient Mariner :P

#28 Lycaon

Lycaon

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:03 PM

It's bad luck to kill an albatross...

#29 MTgrayling

MTgrayling

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

The Albatross is the weak link in the absinthe chain. Pre ban absinthes were shipped overnight by Auk.

Edited by MTgrayling, 17 January 2007 - 08:04 PM.

#30 DesertWolf

DesertWolf

Absinthe Geek

• Content Team
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

Maybe we could hire some storks to moonlight delivering absinthe when they are not delivering babys! :P :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association