Sonny Mann

Happiness is...first order arrived

Is it okay to have a little Absinthe before supper? Too late- we already did.

First tastes ever so we have nothing to compare to. We (my wife and I) liked what we just had a lot. We received two bottles. The Franco-Suisse that I mentioned last night and a bottle of La Bleue Clandestine. Both distilled it said by Absinthe-Bugnon.

We really liked them both. The Franco-Suisse had a noticeable aroma of mint. Both were perfectly clear with a milky bluish louche that was sort of mesmerising. I hope I don't get tired of that.

Now that we know we like the taste as well as the reviews....we better order some Jades for comparison.

Incidently, we have Fennel growing as roadside weeds here. I taste like I just had a walk to town. COOL!

Well you're virgins no longer, :cheers:

Welcome.

Oh, and as far as I am concerned, it is never to early for absinthe, too late maybe, but never too early. :D

Congratulations! I'm still mesmerized by a good louche.

A drink before dinner? Absinthe is first and foremost, a perfect aperitif. Some of us just choose to keep drinking it during and after the meal, too. ;)

Glad to hear that your order arrived safely and you enjoyed your first taste. CLB is one of my favorites. :cheers:

Is it okay to have a little Absinthe before supper? Too late- we already did.

Absinthe is, as T73 stated, primarily an aperitif.

Now that we know we like the taste as well as the reviews....we better order some Jades for comparison.

Incidently, we have Fennel growing as roadside weeds here. I taste like I just had a walk to town. COOL!

I can assure you that the fennel growing outside of Port Townsend tastes nowhere near as good as true Florence fennel.

I believe you about the fennel

Are there rules or suggestions for governing the time period between the arrival of an order and the placing of the next one (from a different place, this time)?

If you're worried about customs getting suspicious or anything, I doubt ordering a few times in a short period of time will raise any flags. Finances are pretty much the only limiting factor.

a milky bluish louche that was sort of mesmerising. I hope I don't get tired of that.
I don't want to think of how many glasses of absinthe I've had (well upwards of 1000 by my estimate) and I haven't gotten tired of it.
Too late to me is that point you think, " I should of had a drink".
Too late to me is that point you say "Why is all the absinthe gone?"
Absinthe is first and foremost, a perfect aperitif.
Precisely the words I was going to type... until I saw your post. :P
Are there rules or suggestions for governing the time period between the arrival of an order and the placing of the next one?
Only the ones you (or your budget) impose upon yourself.

I recommend drinking in moderation, but it's up to each individual to determine what "moderate" is for them. One must not convert the means of refreshment into intemperance and excess. For me, it's no more than three drinks (absinthe, whisky, cocktail, whatever) per night, unless I'm hosting an absinthe party and all I have to worry about is not making an ass of myself which is, unfortunately, not that hard to do. :drunk:

From various comments, I see that we can still enjoy high-end Tequila and not be ostracized. You all are very gracious. Moderation is good. We want to try other varieties that we have read about.

Ahhh. The good old virgin days. :)

Congrats! :cheers:

I apologized to my kids long ago about not leaving anything for them. They seem to be getting on alright.

They can have the empties. My daughter had a drink with me before Christmas and seemed to enjoy it.

Glad you and the spouse enjoyed it. The louche is always a delight. I set my glass at eye level to watch the louche. The swirls, colors and opalescence mesmerize me each time.

Have fun and watch that bank account.

:cheers:

Moderation is good.

I'd agree with you, but I wouldn't want to run the risk of ruining my reputation. ;)

Glad to hear your first experience was such a pleasant one! :cheers:

Sonny, I am happy for you. My advice - by as often as possible.

Hiram: Everytime you mention a Ramos Gin Fizz, I drool. One of my favourite drinks of all times. It may be sacrilege, but I made a Splenda version last time the kids came over for drinks. It worked great for my diabetic friends.

I can't speak for the rest of you, but when you live in an exciting town like East Bumfuck, your mind either wanders into quirky territory with regular frequency, or it atrophies from abject boredom.

Just kidding, I love this podunk berg, it sure ain't NYC!

T73, where do you get your photos? :laf: