Larspeart

okay, anougth of us out ther are one such things... a tread must do done now...

So, I have a hard time sleeping latlely. Nothing new. Focks have known, right

Ambian is a toughie of a sleeping aid, no doubt. It + absithe (and thuis is JUST an experience tonight with a single case study, is realizing a nunmber of distiction, unexpected, odd, butty, reaxtions to the two combined. I took ny Ambien as directed, and then my absinthe, as d8rectd.

Wow!

So, I have a hard time sleeping latlely. Nothing new. Focks have known, right

Ambian is a toughie of a sleeping aid, no doubt. It + absithe (and thuis is JUST an experience tonight with a single case study, is realizing a nunmber of distiction, unexpected, odd, butty, reaxtions to the two combined. I took ny Ambien as directed, and then my absinthe, as d8rectd.

Wow!

Quoted for posterity.

Please post again in the morning to let us all know you're not in a coma. Thanks. ;)

it reminds me of time when I had practice in grammar school and usually I was taking Lorafen drunk with absinthe and when I was back I was sleeping immediately, so keep up the good work, POlish proverb for it? wszystko mozna co nie mozna tylko z lekka i z ostrozna :cheers:

Lars! Please make it through the night!

It just seems like mixing Bleach and Ammonia to me. I did this once, and it cleaned the bathroom tiles like a "hot damn", but I almost suffocated.

:drunk: :shock:

Wow! What a crazy post. I am tossing that stuff the HELL out. Looking at that post this morning... dear Lord, I can't make heads or tails of it. I think I may have to smack myself up the head as well, for posting such babble.

Anyway, I'm up, feeling fine, and feeling VERY sheepish. I'm blaming the Ambien, as without it, I would never have gotten the (stupid) nerve to mix such things normally.

HUGS for the concern, and major apologies for any undue upset I may have caused.

Just make sure if she ever gets the notion to have a 'nip' after taking her Ambien, to read my post above first. It might enlighten her.

Or... it may do the opposite.

No more mixing booze and sleeping pills/anti-anxiety meds, OK guys?

Here's why: Both alcohol and sedatives/hypnotics (i.e. Ambien, Valium, Xanax, and even Rohypnol) operate on the same receptors. Therefore, there will be a cumulative effect if you take them both together. This is why your doc should warn you against mixing alcohol and these meds. It can kill you in the same way that alcohol poisoning does. I don't want to scare people, but this is my public service announcement for the day:

Ambien + Absinthe =

:dead:

Larspeat, I'm relieved to see that you are alright. :wave2:

This is why my favorite pain reliever is alcohol. I've got prescriptions for Ultram (got a bottle of 60 right here) and could get lortab if I asked the doc for them.

Alcohol + pain killers/sleeping meds, etc <> (Not Equal) 1+1

My understanding is that often times it can be a multiplier effect rather than an additive effect. It is very unpredictable.

Lars, glad to see you came through unscathed.

You know, Lars, I did the exact same thing about a month ago and emailed a friend and when I woke up the next day, I saw what I had sent and it looked much like your garble. It really was a doozy together! I might take Docs advice but it sure was fun!

Welcome home MASTERPC.

Some people like to go home and unwind from an ugly day, I unravel.

Moderation is the key. I lose my keys from time to time.

:cheers:

Thanks, OMG! It was a journey with marginal delays and finally made it! Fountain and glasses were at my door! I'll put it in the gadgets post. Happy New Year everyone! :cheers:

Alcohol + pain killers/sleeping meds, etc <> (Not Equal) 1+1

During a nasty sore throat, I got codeine prescribed as a cough medicine. I visited some friends at a point where I was almost fine, but still taking the codeine for the aftermath I still felt. I had a beer, but before finishing it, I felt really strange. Strange in a bad way, very bad, as in an extremely incomfortable vertigo and instant projectile vomiting. Whoa. I got the deepest respect for the red triangle they put on stuff like that here.

Glad you're okay by now, Lars.

I don't know if it is any safer and I am not recommending it but I use benadryl as a sleap aid when I have been drinking, otherwise I do not sleep well at all.

Alcohol + pain killers/sleeping meds, etc <> (Not Equal) 1+1....My understanding is that often times it can be a multiplier effect rather than an additive effect. It is very unpredictable.

If you mix, don't fall asleep on your back,.......Ask Jimi Hendrix. :puke: :reaper:

What a way to go, right? :drunk: :blink: :no:

:drunk:

So.. I assume you had a good sleep that night Larspeart?

Glad to read you're okay!

Edited by GrayWolf

Hehe, this thread has legs, it seems.

Yup, it's one thing to read and ignore warning labels I suppose. After taking the Ambien though... one doesn't have ones 'better judgement' any longer.