TheGreenOne

Absinthe Tasting in LA?

Meanwhile, Keeper continues to do his part in nurturing the social tradition of cocktails by hosting parties in his shop the first Friday of every month. He invites a mixologist to come to the store and teach customers how to make one or two drinks. He’s had absinthe tastings (it’s illegal to buy it or sell it, but not to drink it), and on December 5, he celebrated the repeal of Prohibition by drinking beer and Jack Daniel’s. His next tasting will be January 12.

Bar Keeper, 3910 W. Sunset Blvd., Silver Lake, (323) 669-1675.

Yep, WeHo. Should still be fun, though.... I haven't been down to West Hollywood in a while.... should make for some interesting sights....

Okay, so we have Chris, MOM, and myself.....I know we have more Cali kids here....

Depends on what he's serving. But worth checking out.

Indeed...This isn't the same event that's sponsored by Tabu, is it?

Hmm, if it is, we DEFINATELY need to show up, if just to drop a little science on their asses. (Note to self - bring flask, better yet, call ahead and get permission to bring a bottle)

I just checked - the Tabu party is in San Fran this Friday night.

Edited by Alyssa Dyane

I have tried calling this place to get info and times for the thing on the 12th, but so far have only gotten an aswering machine - which states their hours of operation on Fridays is only until 7pm. Hopefully, this is after hours - otherwise it would be difficult to get to in time (I can just try to imagine getting to West Hollywood before 7, leaving during rush hour from The OC). I have left a message. I will try again, as well. Has anyone else been able to garner any more info?

Well, the bar isn't really in West Hollywood. In fact it's east of Hollywood itself. It's in Silverlake. This may or may not make it easier for you to reach after work, because you'd take a different freeway to get to it, probably the 110 from most places, or even the 5 to the 2 (Glendale Fwy). To get to WeHo, you'd have taken the God-forsaken 405.

They are all bad on a Friday evening, and the 5 is the worst, it drops down to three lanes once you get out of Orange County. It has taken me 3 hours to get up to that part of L.A. before.

Christ’s sake why go to some half ass tasting. Why not have your own tasting and drink good absinthe? That would solve trying to get around during LA rush hour. There’s enough of you Cali bastids to fill a house so get fooking busy.

Edited by Oscar

This could be fun. :thumbup:

Whoa - hold up here! We Cali kids are going to be having a get together soon. RIGHT KIDS??? My place is cool. I think we decided on end of Jan - early Feb.

Let's get to planning........

I am still interested in the tasting though, if I could get more info on the thing. 5PM is not the time to drive from The OC to East Hollywood. I'd be more than happy to do it, if I knew what time it was going to be at.....

I'd be more than happy to do it, if I knew what time it was going to be at.....

A gentleman wandered around the Harvard campus looking for the library. He approached a student and asked, "Excuse me young man. Would you be good enough and tell me where the library is at?" The student, in a very haughty tone, replied, "I'm sorry, sir, but at Hahvahd, we are taught never to end a sentence with a preposition!"

The gentleman smiled, and in a very apologetic tone replied, "I beg your pardon. Please allow me to rephrase my question. Would you be good enough to tell me where the library is at, asshole?"

Whoa - hold up here! We Cali kids are going to be having a get together soon. RIGHT KIDS???

Ok. Make us proud.

Yes.

You're not going to let little ol' Terminus show you up now are you?

The way to have a party, any party, is to:

1. Announce: We are having a party at my place on <insert date and time>.

2. Post a reminder a day or two before.

3. On the party day: make lots of fabulous yummy goodies to eat.

Either one or two things will occur:

1. Lots of folks will show up (with absinthe one hopes) and ya'll have a great time.

2. No one shows up and you get to eat all the goodies and drink all the absinthe. You have a good time.

It's that freakin' simple.

:drunk: