Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Absinthe

Chicago in January

Well, there's lots of great exhibits at the Art Institute and the Field Museum, which are free on Tuesdays.

It'll be cold, though, so wear your warmest clothes and then double them up.

Yeah, it will be cold...this is obvious.

But there's tons to do. Do you like art, or do you like clubs and the "city" in general?

I mean for art, there's the field museum (as noted) or the art museum...or the planetarium if you consider that art. There's all KINDS of clubs. It's fun to go to the water tower, or the John Hancock building; see Michigan Ave and the Chicago River; Navy Pier...

All kinds of good stuff. I actually like Chicago more than New York in a lot of ways.

Aaron

Don't forget to visit Pizzeria Uno (or Duo) downtown for some authentic Chicago-style deep dish.

All the other suggestions are great too. You might also want to check what's going on at the United Center with respect to sports or concerts.

I'm going to be in Chicago next week, twice actually. Just to fly from and back to O'Hare unfortunately unless I feel motivated to head downtown for awhile.

There's also a place called Cafe Absinthe in Wicker Park, which is supposed to be delicious. And it refers to absinthe in its name, so it's completely relevant here.