Marrow

L'artisanale.

Marrow, if you truly love absinthe, why are you trying to make a quick buck here and not enjoy it yourself?

Like I said, I got a bottle from a friend. I am enjoying it very much. When it gets to around the 20cl mark I'm going to transfer it to another bottle and reseal it to keep it for a while and see how much it changes.

That's why I'm trying to make a profit - even a small profit - on a whole bottle, because it is one that I'd prefer to keep for myself. In short, if I earn a small profit, I won't feel like I've bent over.

But I'd still be a little [bleeped] off that I had to sell it.

Keep it, keep it, keep it! What is that small profit margin really going to do for you? Only you can answer that but will it make a difference 3 months, 3 years, 3 decades from now? Probably not. Just enjoy it, dude.

You had it for a month and couldn't sort out a £50 debt?

You shouldn't have ordered it in the first place.

I won't feel like I've bent over.

I hope you do.

The more I think about this the more pissed off I get.

People I consider friends were involved in making this product,

and here you are so cavalierly offering up samples with obvious forethought.

So you get to profiteer off of their hard work and efforts? And they get what?

Again piss off,

and I'll add,

fuck off.

Edited by Grey Boy

Keep it, keep it, keep it! What is that small profit margin really going to do for you? Only you can answer that but will it make a difference 3 months, 3 years, 3 decades from now? Probably not. Just enjoy it, dude.

You're like that devil on my shoulder, but you've got a point. The return on the bottle and profit wouldn't make rent for a week.

I've know a guy who wants the PF, but he doesn't have the money to buy it alone so he wanted to split it with me. Now that I think about it, it would cost him £5 more for a bottle of l'artisanale (no profit), and he'd get quite a bit more absinthe, and without offence to Ted, this is probably better.

Keep one for myself, sell one to him. Everybody wins.

Thanks a lot.

oooh, cat fight. Quick somebody throw water on them, then we can see through their shirts.

*Splash*

AHHHHH! My eyes! They Burn!

:pirate:

More seriously the first post could have been worded better and considering some people probably missed this product because of money and it's limited run. Trying to turn a profit on it, especially this soon, isn't going to go over too well.

and without offence to Ted,
Ted had nothing to do with it.

Ted had nothing to do with the PF 1901? The thing that I said probably wasn't as good as the l'artisanale, without any offence intended to Ted.

Please calm down folks. This place is not sacred. I have no problem with someone making a simple post and saying "Hey, I have a couple extra bottles of L'Artisanal; I over-spent my budget. Anybody interested? PM me."

I've done it.

Marrow, for what it's worth, I think it's very jmfranc to try to make a profit off of it here, and I'd discourage anyone paying any more than original value plus shipping from the UK.

Everybody now knows that Marrow has two bottles of L'Artisanal he wants to part with. If you're interested, take it private.

Trying to turn a profit on it, especially this soon, isn't going to go over too well.

If you don't want it, you don't want it.

The way I see it is it doesn't matter how much it once cost, nor does it matter how much profit somebody is making on its sale. The only thing that matters is its value to you. If you pay what you're willing to pay, what you can easily afford, then that's the only relevant thing. Anything else is just hot air.

Marrow, for what it's worth, I think it's very jmfranc to try to make a profit off of it here,

Haha...I was waiting for that.

The way I see it is it doesn't matter how much it once cost, nor does it matter how much profit somebody is making on its sale. The only thing that matters is its value to you. If you pay what you're willing to pay, what you can easily afford, then that's the only relevant thing. Anything else is just hot air.
How terribly mercenary of you. You should go into the Czechsinth selling busines, because that's their philosophy.
Marrow, for what it's worth, I think it's very jmfranc to try to make a profit off of it here,

I knew you would be.

The way I see it is it doesn't matter how much it once cost, nor does it matter how much profit somebody is making on its sale. The only thing that matters is its value to you. If you pay what you're willing to pay, what you can easily afford, then that's the only relevant thing. Anything else is just hot air. *amendment* except for the quality/authenticity of the absinthe *amendment*

How terribly mercenary of you. You should go into the Czechsinth selling busines, because that's their philosophy.

I knew you would be.

See amendment.

Actually I was waiting for somebody to flat out accuse me.

Yeah. Making an even trade of one item for another is, well, the textbook definition of a fair trade. This is a cynical attempt to profit off of someone else's hard work, and it stinks. You were waiting for someone to bring up JMFranc, Marrow? Gee...I wonder why.

Edited by Martin Lake

The way I see it is it doesn't matter how much it once cost, nor does it matter how much profit somebody is making on its sale...

Which is why you got the response you did. Generally people see the forum as a friendly place to chat, not as the free market. The same reason a czech-shill wouldn't get a good reception.

I see this ™ stuff around a bit.

e.g. BURNT ™

Where did this originate - also is there any way to change the size of my avatar. It's pixelated a little bit.

Had Morrow bought the two bottles with any other intent he would only be selling one to get some of his money back and would be offering it at cost, plus shipping. He would drink the other. This was advertised as a one time offer with a two bottle limit. It is obvious that he bought these hoping to profit and with no other intent, waited a few weeks and waltzed in here trying to get bids going. Sleazy indeed™ even in polite society.

Edited by Jaded Prole