Marrow

L'artisanale.

artisanalebottledb6.jpg

artisanalebackgl2.jpg

artisanalesealef4.jpg

pernotstampzc6.jpg

You all know enough about this absinthe.

As you can see the bottle is unopened.

I would be willing to sell two bottles, both in this condition.

Stored in its original packaging at room temperature, in complete darkness...except for to take the pictures.

Let the bidding commence (pm me or post here). :cheers:

Edited by Marrow

You mean when everybody has finished their bottles?

I thought of that but for some reason decided against it. I don't have it in me to be that much of a capitalist, which is a shame for my wallet.

I was just reading the back of the bottle and noticed it said to use a sugar cube - personally I find it too sweet. Why hide pontarlier wormwood?!

Good luck with that. All reading this post can come to our NYE party and drink it for free. What a codpiece this guy is.

Edited by Oscar

Considering that the orders were limited to 2 bottles and you haven't even opened them, you seem like more of a capitalist than an appreciator of absinthe.

I got online early and ordered more than, it turns out, I can afford.

I don't know what time you could order yours but I could order mine at 9am and again at about 6pm.

Actually it was a friend that ordered it then, and I bought a bottle from him, but that's a detail.

What a codpiece this guy is.

Yeah, how dare I offer something for sale.

Cool deal Marrow. Sell them at cost plus shipping and no one will have a problem. But you come in here and hop up on the auction block and bang your hammer that’s when I have a problem with this.

Yeah, "how dare you" when you could be drinking it -- if you bought it for that purpose, which I doubt.

I might consider buyin 1 bottle --

in a year.

Meanwhile make sure to store it somewhere away from light . . .

Cool deal Marrow. Sell them at cost plus shipping and no one will have a problem. But you come in here and hop up on the auction block and bang your hammer that’s when I have a problem with this.

The sensible thing to do would be to gain my money back, yes, but then of course the purchasing of most expensive things isn't sensible, And parting with something that will probably never be commercially available again requires a little more than sense.

It's not like I'm trying to gain 100% or even a 50% mark-up, just a little more than I paid to make me feel like I've parted with the bottles for more than...well...meat instead of soup.

Yeah, "how dare you" when you could be drinking it -- if you bought it for that purpose, which I doubt.

I might consider buyin 1 bottle --

in a year.

Meanwhile make sure to store it somewhere away from light . . .

I don't have an unlimited supply of money - when I say more than I can afford I mean it.

I don't care if you doubt I bought it to drink it, but if you think it'll be around in a year you're wrong.

What they said. You came in offering this, plainly expecting a bidding war. Maybe in a year, two years, that might be alright. Maybe.

Right now, you're just jumping on the Supply-And-Demand-Mobile. Which is about as crassly capitalist as you can get. And it's compounded by the fact that the very people who made this product aren't even doing that, when they very well could. It just gets my ire up.

No way, man. I didn't get it because I knew I couldn't afford it, even though I really, really wanted it. And that hasn't changed, especially considering you want more than the original price.

Edited by peridot

Marrow, have you considered asking the site Propriétaire whether he minds your using the WS as an absinthe ebay? It is possible that The Market section of the forum is simply for vendors to inform the public about absinthe-related products -- not to serve as an auction house for unlicensed would-be sellers of alcohol.

Edited by TheGreenOne

Marrow, if you want to make more money than you spent on this, put it on eBay with a reserve. Otherwise, if you are going to keep it here, then perhaps you should offer it for your cost. There are many members of this forum and others that were denied the opportunity to purchase l'Artisanale when it was offered. Now, they get a second chance at a higher premium? :nono:

Perhaps if you had mentioned your financial plight straight off, then some pity may have been spared. Maybe.

What they said. You came in offering this, plainly expecting a bidding war. Maybe in a year, two years, that might be alright. Maybe.

Right now, you're just jumping on the Supply-And-Demand-Mobile. Which is about as crassly capitalist as you can get. And it's compounded by the fact that the very people who made this product aren't even doing that, when they very well could. It just gets my ire up.

I understand your point of view, and I would probably feel the same way if I were in your position, but I did not expect a bidding war. I know a few people missed it, and that's why I thought it would attract bids - maybe a few from people who really liked it and want more, but I didn't and still don't expect the entire forum to be bidding on this. More than three or four would surprise me.

Of course If I were to do this in a year or two, aside from me not needing the money anymore, I would be jumping on an even bigger 'supply-and-demand-mobile', would I not?

It's sleazy.

I agree, but I need the money...the profit isn't staying in my pocket, let's put it that way.

I don't need to continue to defend myself against you people, and especially from rhetoric. If you don't like it, you don't like it; you don't bid. It's that simple.

I still don't get it. If you have found out you need the money back you shelled out, why not sell it for retail price?

Yeah, you said it, "parting with something that will probably never be commercially available again requires a little more than sense", but at the risk of repeating myself: I don't get it.

Marrow, have you considered asking the site Propriétaire whether he minds your using the WS as an absinthe ebay? It is possible that The Market section of the forum is simply for vendors to inform the public about absinthe-related products -- not to serve as an auction house for unlicensed would-be sellers of alcohol.

Ah, not something I thought of. It says as the description for 'the market' "if you're selling it, saw it, want to see it...", so I assumed this would be okay.

perhaps you should offer it for your cost.

A good idea, but hypothetically let's say there are five people who want it for the price I name, how do I choose between them? First come, serve? Hardly fair considering how many of the potential buyers were online to see it when it was first posted.

I'll put the price down shortly.

I'm afraid I have to agree. If you over-spent and want your money back on something you don't particularly care for, fine. If you want to auction it, please take it to eBay.

It's sleazy.

You don't deserve to have an absinthe of that quality in your possession but even less do you deserve to make a profit of this lowlife attempt to shill it.

That's just harsh. To this and a few of the other comments: let's leave the characterizations and insults out of it, please. There's a difference between sleazy and a bad judgment call.

As for the quality of the absinthe, I wasn't as impressed with this one.

Edited by Hiram

Actually I did take it to eBay, and while I was there I re-directed somebody who was bidding on "black absinthe 82%!!!" to absintheonline.com for some duplais, since it cost 50p more per glass than the crap he was going to end up with.

You'll get a bigger kick out of this though: All of the absinthes on there were pulled because of eBay's 'drug and drug paraphernalia', not their alcohol policies.

I responded to their e-mail (told them about thujone) and they agreed that absinthe is not a drug, and told me it should have been pulled because of their alcohol policies. I like to think I made a small difference.

Edited by Marrow

I was going to mention that.

Ebay will not let you list absinthe. Even on french ebay, the auctions for full bottles of absinthe usually get pulled before going full term. The one exception seems to be european ebay stores, where bottles are listed for "Buy it Now", and the auction closes before ebay notices them.

They did tell me that I could list it as a collectors item but I wouldn't be allowed to say anything of the contents. It would just be "Unopened L'artisanale. 50cl. Any incidental contents not intended for consumption".

That would have left me to go on all of the myspace absinthe forums advertising it, and all of the normal absinthe forums advertising it.

Oh well.

As I said, I'll put a price down:

(price removed from the request of keeping this private)

Edited by Marrow

As I said, I'll put a price down:

£55.

$107. (according to google currency converter)

I'd appreciate it if you'd do your business in private.

Are you sure you didn't buy this with the intent to resell it on eBay?

I think you need an avatar:

shady.jpg

Both? How much do you guys pay for it?

Ahhhh...maybe you don't have VAT.

I've added £14 to what I paid.

(edited prices)

Ah - when I remove postage (that I paid, since I'm posting it on) it goes down by £5.

Are you sure you didn't buy this with the intent to resell it on eBay?

I think you need an avatar:

post-1-1165981705.jpg

Yep - that was when I realised I was in trouble. I should've just put it on straight away instead of waiting.

If you want this to be done in private I assume you want me to edit my last post.

Edited by Marrow

I dunno. I guess I have a problem with someone trying to hard sell absinthe on a site that is really dedicated to those who LOVE absinthe and LOVE sharing just that. Marrow, if you truly love absinthe, why are you trying to make a quick buck here and not enjoy it yourself?

I view this site as something sacred where absinthe lovers come to expound on just that, not try to sell, Sell, SELL! This, is what you've come to do with your nice purchase. I just think that this type of solicitation belongs somewhere else. Just IMO. If it is "about the papers", why not take it somewhere else in an arena/environment that would appreciate your effort?

Edited by MASTERPC