Sachelle

New La Fée X•S Suisse

My roomies and I did blind tasting of the CLB and XS. It was very scientific and all. I could tell them apart.

But was the XS good enough in comparison to justify a considerably higher price?

No. If you want to look back to my tsating, I believe it was Dec. 13th, "What are you drinking tonight?"

They were extremely similar, but were not the same. I was able to distinguish between the two, and finished the CLB glass first. It was the one I kept reaching for. Of course, personal opinions will vary. The XS was very good. I'm looking forward to a glass tonight. Will I pay more for it than the CLB? No.

At least AD didn't pay money for it. Her tasting notes are here.

The notes I've seen indicate that it its quality is similar to CLB. So what I gather is that it's about a £40 blanche priced at £60. That's stupid. And nobody, involved with the product or not, has given any good reason for the idiotic pricetag other than La Fee's greed and contempt for their customers.

Edited by peridot

I have this here bottle of beer. It has what looks to be a Swiss cross on the label yet it claims to come from Belgium -- a fictional country. Worse, it says it's an "abbey ale" but it comes from a brewery. I'm suing.

You should. Chances are that the beer (or what has to pass for beer) comes from InBev, and anyone tilting at windmills fighting the Evil Empire has my condoleances sympathy.

Long live Westvleteren!

For comparisons sake, I can say this...

Out of all the La Bleue style absinthe's I've bought or sampled at any occassion only two have really knocked me off my feet in being unique.

You haven't tasted the Duvallon yet.

You should. Chances are that the beer (or what has to pass for beer) comes from InBev, and anyone tilting at windmills fighting the Evil Empire has my condoleances sympathy.

Please let me if InBev or their ilk ever purchases Brouwerij ST.Bernard. I will weep.

Long live Westvleteren!
:heart:

However, within the last couple of days, some upstart Swedish strong Porter has finally ousted our beloved Westvleteren 12 from its vaunted top spot on Ratebeer.com for the first time since the site's inception.

Hoever, this porter only has 32 ratings, and the majority of those are Swedish, so I take this dethroning with a grain of salt.

My complaint was that Sachelle (He/you are the blond-haired guy with the green eyes, right?) and George both were at TotC. They roped off and set up an entire room for the entire show. The room was very well decorated and inviting. They were pouring out all of their offerings... except the ONLY FRIGGIN ONE I WANTED TO TRY... XS. That pissed me off something fierce. Instead, they convinced me to try my first (after all this time) and only (thank God) czech-sinth; their Bohemian. (Actually, I blame Brooks partly for that. He made me do it.). You had a great opportunity to let shine your BEST offering (so we have heard, and that I believe) and squandered it. The rationale you gave to Brooks and I was even worse- you AGAIN brought up the damn thujone content, its classification as an Amer/bitter due to its high levels of thujone and real wormwood, and all that other nonsense. I don't buy for one second that after shipping DOZENS (I saw them all) of bottles of your other offerings across the border, you and George couldn't include a few bottles of XS in with them. What? The customs guy is gonna run a chemical analysis right there on the docks of a booze he has never heard of, from a brand he has never seen, with three distint labelings and colors? Come on! You missed the best chance you would have EVER had to convince some of the biggest names in booze that "Hey. We are legit. Our product is impeccable. This is what real absinthe is." Instead, you were lighting your Bohemian on fire for the locals.

Sachelle, we DO NOT want you folks at La Fee to fail (well, most of us don't), but what we do want is for you to pick a side of the fence. As Hiram and Wild Bill put it, we want a good, classically made absinthe at a fair price.

Sachelle is a girl. She took over from Alan.

I have to say that I agree with Lars here. It was a bit "low rent" to book a suite and turn it into their own private promo booth instead of making arrangements to do a presentation in the tasting room like everyone else. The stunt at the Old Absinthe House was a particularly nice touch.

LaFée likes to make the point that they pioneered the absinthe revival. Such a shame that they also pioneered the absinthe misinformation campaign in the interest of cashing in on a myth: absinthe as hard-core party drink. Yep, it all started here.

False advertising.

And Lars, I'm shocked and appalled that our Customs officials would be so derelict in their duty as to allow cases of vile and pernicious liquor — absinthe — unapproved by the TTB and FDA — into our fair Country to the detriment of our Citizens.

Can't wait for the day when TotC has a dozen US vendors/distilleries promoting their absinthes. La Fee won't be able to show themselves within a hundred miles of Nawlins because the true of quality absinthe will be out. One taste and no distributor would ever touch their products.

P.S. "‘Old Absinthe House’ Absinthe Fountains Used To Make True French Absinthe For The First Time In Nearly A Century"

You're joking, right? You don't really believe that?

With New Orleans tap water? :laf: