Deluge

New Jade PF 1901!

After four months of no absinthe, I'll have PF and L'Artisinale awaiting my December 24th return from Montreal.

How's that for Holly-Jolly?

After four months of no absinthe, I'll have PF and L'Artisinale awaiting my December 24th return from Montreal.

How's that for Holly-Jolly?

Brooks, thats Holly-Jolly as hell!!Lucky man! :P :drnkbanana: :holiday: :clap:

Edited by Jetzster

The design of both labels is elegant, and sets a perfect tone that reinforces the idea of what he's put into the bottle.

The PF-1 label is nice but I prefer the understated elegance of the L’Artisanale label.

Brooks, thats Holly-Jolly as hell!! Lucky man
Thanks, Jetz. I feel lucky, although I'm wishing I had the jingly to afford sum uh dat nice pre-ban stuff.

Uh huh. Ize lookin' fahwahd ta deze here taste budz a mine ta machure so ize can in joy summa dat fine rare stuf now, ya heyah!

After watching the last batch of new and delightful offerings go so fast, I ordered the PF 1901 tonight.

I have appreciated Ted's work and I'm looking forward to having this for the holidays.

:cheers:

:cheers: Congrats!

I never heard anyone from DC sound like that.
I believe he's mocking my NooAwlinz accent. He can't help himself. He lived there.

Yep, you got it. I was just playing around with Brooks.

Fun to mock the mock!

My favorite New Orleans accents sound like Brooklyn or New Jersey with a Southern tilt, because the same immigrant groups that landed in NYC settled simultaneously in New Orleans. You still hear "dese", "dems", and "dose" in both cities.

American dialects are slowly but surely homogenizing, which makes me sad.

Anyway, sorry...off-topic!

My favorite New Orleans accents sound like Brooklyn or New Jersey with a Southern tilt, because the same immigrant groups that landed in NYC settled simultaneously in New Orleans. You still hear "dese", "dems", and "dose" in both cities.

When I was a kid, the closest I ever got to NOLA was Manchac, or Lafayette, because we would visit cousins who lived there or in Mississippi. I only heard 'cadien and creole accents. The first time I went to NOLA proper, and heard that "Irish Channel" accent, I thought there was a giant tour group visiting from New York or someplace.

Yeah, babe. Dat's jus' what 'm sayin'. (Dentalized "th's" are Irish and Italian.)

My favorite, nearly-extinct sound (in NOLA, as it is in Brooklyn) is the NOLA version of the old Brooklyn cab driver's Toidy-toid an' toid (33rd and Third), so that....

"Ask that girl to turn on the AC" sounds like Ax dat goil da toin awn da AC. ...("Ax" for "ask" is blue-collar; "oi" for "er" cut across class lines.)

Damn, Brooks. You are HILARIOUS! So true, so true. Gotta love dialect, vernacular or not.

Gotta love dialect, vernacular or not.
You do, but fifty years from now, all our regional dialects will have given way to TV-speak. The homogenization is sad.

Shai, you astonish me. How on earth do you know Haitian Creole?

Nothing too fancy just grew up in Haiti is all. My parentals are medical missionaries and worked in a jungle hospital on the north coast of the island. I graduated from High school there in the 80's.

I was going to ask Shai the same thing! Interesting history.

Edited by MASTERPC