Kelgien

My 1st experience

MasterPC-did you use sugar? Even the most die hard (did you see they are making #4) sans-sucre Absinthe drinker will use sugar in Serpis (G&C made me put it in mine).

Ubu-Serpis seems to be an all-bets-are-off-mix-it-with-anything Absinthe. I have never heard anyone take crap for mixing it. I liked it prepared normally.

MasterPC-did you use sugar? Even the most die hard (did you see they are making #4) sans-sucre Absinthe drinker will use sugar in Serpis (G&C made me put it in mine).

Ubu-Serpis seems to be an all-bets-are-off-mix-it-with-anything Absinthe. I have never heard anyone take crap for mixing it. I liked it prepared normally.

Nope. Just water. Was that my problem too? I've not had any absinthe with sugar yet (CLB, Blanchette, Duplais and the Serpis I've had so far)

:shock: :huh: :blink: :unsure: :hyper: :dead: :twitch: :no: :puke: :thumbup: ?

I am in somewhat of a similar situation, however, I have not even had the joy of seeing and boxes at all, yet, empty or not.

I ordered 4 bottles of La Fee (Its not all for me! :blink: ) from a distributor in Sydney, Bluesky, one which Alan referred me too. I got in contact with the CEO direct, Mike McNulty, and he apparently organised for me a few bottles to be sent via courier w/ insurance etc at a decent price.

This was organised a few months ago. I paid for it all a few weeks ago. Apparently had it shipped 10 days ago. I'm still waiting. I have no idea where it has gone, as it was sent by courier and it is a domestic shipment, there should be no hassles at all with it getting seized or anything like that, as there is no customs to go though.

I work in retail, we have boxes of computer parts sent to us from Sydney or Melbourne and they normally only take 5-7 working days at the very most.

I have had an amplifier sent to me via the normal post service come faster.

All I can think of is that I have been duped out of approximately $240.00. :shock:

Edited by Boys Republique

:cheers:

Enjoy!

Yeah, I hear of USPS shipments getting seized more often.

My experience has not borne this out. For about five years now I have been ordering absinthe and Cuban cigars via regular mail from fsc and have never had a problem.

Xit? Code name for defacation?

Sorry for the late update, but I've been moving and don't have internet at home yet; so I am at work and need to keep this short.

Markus said that if I 'return to sender' he will return the cash minus what it cost to ship back (tks again Markus). I have yet to recieve something form customs so that I can ship it back, however the paper in my empty boxes said 'within 15 days'; so I'm counting down.

MASTERPC:

I'm interested in this. PM me or something and let me know how this works.

Thanks for all of the support guys.

Appreciated.

He is a stand up kind of guy!

I will PM with details later this eve.

Don't get your hopes up. I had a mail order from Markus seized a couple years ago. I petitioned Customs to return the bottles to Germany but they refused. No ifs, ands or buts.

I'll never order again without using guaranteed courier shipping.

I'll never order again without using guaranteed courier shipping.

About Maruks' courier option:

Even though the courier option isn't guaranteed...

So your suggestion is to only use vendors with a gauranteed courier option?

Will keep this in mind.

Edited by Kelgien

Guaranteed courier option is the safest. However, unguaranteed courier is still safer than USPS.

I've opted for the courier service on all my orders.

There have only been a couple glitches so far and they were handled extremely well by each vendor.

I have been stung a number of times on ebay lower priced shipping options so now I just bitch and pay.

Peace of mind is worth it. IMHO

I'll drink to that, Oh My God.

I only order from vendors that have GTD delivery. Marcus is a nice guy but I'll not be ordering from him due to the shipping policy change. I did want that Coil Balance set too. :(

Did you see the 500 Euros NWW limited edition set! WHEW!

I saw that, wow!

I could get away with buying a bit of 1914 joy but something new, I don't know.

Tough to explain that to the blushing bride. She understands vintage.

What a gal. :cheers: