Alan Moss

New Absinthe Boutique

I'm thinking Alan is going to get my next order. I like his responses and his offerings. Soon sir, very soon.

The past is exactly that.

:cheers:

As promised, a more comprehensive reply.

thanks, I appreciate that!

We have to buy from Kübler, and probably don't buy as much as their local re-seller.

Until now I did not buy a bottle at Kübler's distillery but I have bought some at La Valotes Distillery and the prices there are not more expesive than at a retailer. - Even though I have sometimes just bought one or two bottles.

And our internet operation is probably more labour intensive than their local retail service.

Your internet appearance is professional! great work! (Except for some problems when switched to german-language)

To summarise that aspect, internet absinthe businesses are not yet big enough to offer the price benefits of an Amazon! Having said that, Claude-Alain and I will re-visit the delivered Switzerland prices.

Do I understand that correctly? You are thinking about a internet-shop for the swiss market? Sounds just great! Exactly what I was waiting for :)

I have cross-checked our prices against the other 5 main sites

Markus Lion, absinthe24, alandia, ldf and who is the fifth?

Who? Oh, yes. Hiram guessed correctly!

SLP, I didn't mean that we would have a separate Swiss shop. But we probably need to screw the shipping cost down as much as possible (as we try to do everywhere of course). Maybe we can get Claude-Alain to deliver!

Maybe we can get Claude-Alain to deliver!
*knock-knock-knock* "Bonjour! Deed you ordair zee sweese absont? I haff eet right here for you! À la semaine prochaine!"

Never mind the President's job.

Are there any mechanics out there who can make it out to Switzerland? Claude-Alain's car broke down last night - it's here.

And he has to get back to the distillery and the shop soon!

Albany?

Buffalo?

Cleveland?

Detroit?

There's a whole alphabet, need I go on?

It's still Switzerland. And I'll bet he's got some great antifreeze in the trunk.

That place is beautiful. I can think of worse places to be stuck—oh wait, it's December; in Switzerland; no I can't.

I have only been to Switzerland in the summer, but I am certain it is awfully beautiful all year round. I'd love to be stuck in a blizzard around there, if only there was enough cheese fondue and absinthe around.

Right now, though, it seems that it is just grey and rainy in Switzerland. But it is beautiful that way too.

About this new absinthe boutique.

I placed an order with Alan about 12 hours after I placed an order with LDF and they both arrived the same day within two hours of each other. My apprehension has subsided. I will certainly give him more business.

The packaging wasn't as fancy as LDF but everything was intact and is very tasty.

Choices, it's good to have them. First impressions mean alot. Service is/was very appreciated.

Good luck Alan and thanks. :cheers:

I don't currently see anyone in the absinthe business making a fortune, let alone making a fast one!

L'Or

Edited by hartsmar

Yes, we seem to have a lot in common with L'Or. According to their website:-

"We produce spirits that are unrivalled in their category. For their preparation we use only natural ingredients that we buy from carefully chosen suppliers. The whole production, from the beginning to the end, is manual. Weighing of ingredients, mixing, bottling and corking is made by hand. At the end each bottle is visually inspected and by an ordinary tea-towel polished. Through this very laborious way we are able to guarantee the best quality. All of our products are tasted during their preparation, so we know what you will be drinking. Be assured that you will drink the best we are able to produce.

Absinthe recipes are very ancient and well-tried. We are aware of the fact that no firm in the world is able to imitate our products. Our products are not available in any supermarket world-wide."

The only thing we seem to be missing in Switzerland is the "ordinary tea-towel." I will buy Claude-Alain a new one for Christmas.

Wow, now there's truth in advertising. What skillful word-craft! There's (probably) nothing in there that's not true, and yet it makes their drek look good.

I notice they made no mention of distilling, or even that they made use of the ancient and well-tried absinthe recipes.

"...so we know what you will be drinking. Be assured that you will drink the best we are able to produce."

That says a lot. Or very little.

"At the end each bottle is visually inspected by an ordinary tea-towel, polished.

Say what you want about them. It takes a lot of skill to polish a tea towel and then get it to visually inspect an absinthe.

The only thing we seem to be missing in Switzerland is the "ordinary tea-towel." I will buy Claude-Alain a new one for Christmas.

Claude doesn't have a towel? Or is his just too fancy to be considered ordinary?

Edited by Martin Lake

Nearly two years on and a lot has changed in the absinthe business.

So I wanted to let forum members here know that absinthe-suisse will cease absinthe sales to the USA in the next couple of weeks. Since we have a US partner for La Clandestine and will be working with US wholesalers, bars and shops, it has always seemed more appropriate that we work 100% with them.

Absinthe-suisse will continue to take orders for delivery outside North America.

To those of you who have purchased from us in the past, thanks for your support! And thanks for your future orders, even if they don't come directly to/from us!!

Congrats on spreading your business here through distribution Alan, can't wait until I can go buy a bottle of La Clandestine at my local store. Did you ever think your products would be available in "the OC" on the shelves of a booze warehouse called "Beverages & More" ??

Now tell them to hurry their asses up and get it here damnit, this is the California Riviera for goodness sake, we need more absinthe!

Alan Congratulations! I think your Absinthe will be a smashing success here and can't wait to see them on the shelves. I enjoy your web site as well, especially the web cam! A great looking place all around, I wish I could apply for a job. :twitchsmile:

I'm glad to hear this and look forward to being able to buy a bottle locally.