peridot

What about an absinthe magazine?

:laf:

Nice one. I'm "thurztee" already. It's been a while since I have seen 220 proof alcohol. Leave it to the Czechs to find a way to make 110%abv beverages.

Some of the absolute best literary 'zines ever were produced using mimeograph machines. (Ahh, Friday test time, remember that smell?) But I don't think that bohemian ethic is going to sell this bohemian product. Besides, where would we find a mimeo these days?

I used to help put out a punk rock 'zine back in the 80's using a mimeograph machine. Ahh... good times. That 'zine was so awful it was great. I wish I still had some copies. I bet there is one on EBay.

Just remember sex sells.

Long live the WS Thong! :devil:

Thanks for reminding me! Now I know just what to get for my friends and family this Christmas!

I hope she's trying to make a deal where if Hiram does the first issue she'll be in the second issue. Incentive not to let it be a one-number wonder.

Damn straight, Peter Pan!

And don't you clueless whippersnappers realize that senile old farts like me wear Huggies Pullups?

I appreciate the Cover Boy vote , though.

Edited by Absomphe

Just remember sex sells.

Long live the WS Thong! :devil:

Thanks for reminding me! Now I know just what to get for my friends and family this Christmas!

Please don't, Martin. I'm sure you can come up with something much more creative to give us.

I went through page 1 thread and I like the idea.Starting as a site not a printed magazine sounds like a good place to test the water.

But first is this a dead issue? The last post is 11/13/2006.If not, I think as a group effort we can do something.this is the 2nd beginning, good time to start.lots of room for mistakes,no competition and I think the cost as a website is minimal.

Now lets not forget the status for the society within the world of absinthe.

For publishing the first and if it lasts the oldest absinthe magazine in the U.S. or the world.

Hope this is useful

TR. OUT

Edited by TR. WILLY

If there is serious interest in an online zine, wether bimonthly or quarterly, I am willing to cover hosting and domain name costs and am willing to work on the layout.

I don't have any expertise in this area. But I'm sure there are those with in the society that do have expertise in websites,publishing etc.

Desertfox made a good start and I will do whatever I can. This is just the discussion stage so please any input is welcome.

Sounds good!!

Quarterly works well. I suggest 4 sections:

1. Reviews like Shabba53 mentioned

2. Then talk about the postives and negatives (healing properities etc.) of just 1 herb in Absinthe per quarter.

3. Maybe get some interviews with Absintheurs (hope I spelled that right.) and/or some manufacturers if willing.

4. Vintage times. Maybe some pics and articles/reviews of the old absinthes. Article on the old distilleries, absinthe bar in NO, etc.

May help to get Absinthe legalized and help people in US and all over the world exposed to Absinthe.

A quarterly magazine is a very good idea!!!!!

I agree with what Hiram said way back when we first began talking about this, that there's not enough going on in the world of absinthe to be the sole basis for a magazine. To fill it out some more and not end up running through all of the possible material in just a few issues it would be a good idea to have articles on music, art, and anything else that is relevant to absinthe.

O.k. but is'nt that what a magazine is about? An assortment of articles relevant to the main topic. The departments or sections that hold the articles create the body and flavor.

Now that's the base and we grow & fine tune from there. Until we have the result we want. An interesting & informative magazine about the world of Absinthe. Written and published by the WS.

You're right,there's a wealth of information and talent. That we could use to educate and inform the public.

But it seems interest is slim at best,time to move on.

Edited by TR. WILLY

To re-visit this subject, there are several of us writing absinthe blogs from slightly different viewpoints:

Mine, The Real Absinthe Blog

In Absinthia's, called .... In Absinthia

Salsa's Absinthe Blargh

and Oxy's Wheat of Virgin Spaces.

And of course Dr. Absinthe has one or two absinthe blogs too.

Mine is focused quite heavily on Clandestine and Swiss Absinthe, and that might make it too "commercial" for some people.

However if the interest is there, I would be willing up to open up blogging access to 1/2 other people and adapt the site to be less commercial. Which may go some way towards being the online magazine that this discussion evolved into. No-one is going to make any money on the exercise of course ...

Any views?

Hi Alan

Thanks for the heads up on the Blogs,I will certainly read yours. As to the magazine I think your idea would be a start. I'm all for it. :thumbup: