Ether Maiden

The sweet taste of truth

In light of all the false info out there, I'm always happy when people are recpetive to the truth about Absinthe, and who are willing to give it another shot (when all they've had previously is "absinthe" with 'the highest thujone content to make you totally trip ballz').

At our little get together to watch the results of the US house and senate elections last night, I brought along some of the Clandestine La Bleue to share. Of course, people made assumptions, a discussion started, and I started a small glass of absinthe for folks to try. Everyone was excited to learn the truth about absinthe, and many a jotted down note was taken of the WS website.

Upon tasting the CLB, they were astounded. It was smooth, tasty, and didn't even use sugar (we'd discussed the misconception of the fire during the slow water drip)! There may be a few new faces about here thanks to last night, and if nothing else I know at least two folk put in an order on the spot last night!

I'm curious what sort of experiances others have had along these lines. It's always refreshing to find people who want to know the truth, even if it means they don't get to trip ballz.

Absinthe always seems to draw an interested crowd. People are attracted to the "forbidden".

I brought some to a party a couple weeks ago, and the green fairy definately stole the show that night! Most of the people there actually believed absinthe was poisonous. But I found, as I started dropping a little science on them, that most people were very receptive and VERY interested. Crowds of people watching a glass louche up. It was fun. We went through a whole bottle of VdF. People were surprised at how much they liked it. Many pens were scribbling web addresses of vendors that night. I like bringing a bottle around with me, and doing my little part to educate the masses.

Edited by Alyssa Dyane

That's just plain awesome! Good job! Great fun for the two of ya!

Edited by Zman