Post your absinthe

My collection is too big so I have chosen a few

and something special

and a nice drop of water for final

post-1144-1167933135_thumb.jpg

post-1144-1167933274_thumb.jpg

post-1144-1167933563_thumb.jpg

post-1144-1167933811.jpg

That last one looks like a bananasinthe.

How suggestive.

So a funny thing happened on the way to the absinthe fountain... [cue banana peel...:]

Glad I'm not the only one geeking out shooting the louche-- not at home now but this recent low res shot is on my blog:

IMG_1678_crop_e1.jpg

(btw yes there's a little post color adjustment; it's a bit bluer than reality.)

Has anybody captured a louche without the glass in the way? I've been sketching out a little rig for photographing louches lately. Might find time for it this month... basically two sheets of glass ~1/4" apart with a sealer between them to form a "cup." It's based on rigs for shooting smoke/dust/fire/splash elements for special effects compositing. Stay tuned...

What kind of absinthes are those? They look like they have been colored with food coloring. :blink:

none of them was coloured artificially, only natural colouration and a one year of aging. The last photo actually went a bit yellowish (bananasinthe, I like it :cheers: ), in reality absinthe was not so. The same the rouge should be more reddish/rosy, it is still a digital camera not Laika :D

these are definitely not in banana style and hope you like their louches

post-1144-1168210620_thumb.jpg

post-1144-1168210655_thumb.jpg

post-1144-1168210742_thumb.jpg

Edited by absinthist

yes, it is homemade, it took us (me and my father) one day to craft it :cheers: and I am very satisfied with the result. Thanks for noticing

It's not vaguely related to your name, is it Whizz?

No not really. It's a Absinthe Jaune with saffron and vanilla. Some people might consider it tasting like what you implied though, but I'm not one of them.

That is a nice pic elf!

But that Duplais Balance is extremely photogenic absinthe, It's got a really gorgeous color, and it louches beautifully. I think it also gets my pick for "favorite commercial verte" all around. Very different from the regular Duplais verte, which was already pretty damned good. These guys are getting good at this stuff.

That was the last of my bottle. Good thing I have 2 more on standby. ;)

Bill, like we discussed in Terminus, I too think it is the best, readily available, "every-day" commercial absinthe. It didn't really take much insight on my part, just one sip. Kudos to Markus. I hope he plans on keeping it around a very long time.

A couple more pics. The first one more closely resembles the color I think.

post-234-1168436068_thumb.jpg

..and the Bomb™

post-234-1168436256_thumb.jpg