Brian Robinson

Cigar follow up

There have been several threads recently regarding forays into the realm of cigar smoking. However, I didn't see any follow-ups about which cigars were chosen and how they were received. Any updates yet?

Edited by Shabba53

Sorry, I have yet to go and make a purchase. I was kind of hoping to have a smoke with friends, but I don't seem to have any friends, full stop.

Well... Friends who want to smoke cigars, I guess I could say.

I usually prefer a Lonsdale size,handmade/hand rolled because they aren't too big and usually have a better draw. I also prefer a tan leaf (Connecticut?) to a Maduro because of the flavor, green makes me ill. My favorite brand is Monte Cristo and I really like their Tubos. Their Dominican Republic cigars taste as good as their same name Cuban counterparts.

What's wrong with a little butt crack? :blink:

Nothing, butt if you smoke it, you must light it on fire.

I hope you at least pour in a little absinth first.

I've been a cigar lover for years. Since moving to DC, I've also really gotten into shisha and smoking hookas at the middle eastern restaurants near my home. I wonder, would pipe tobacco work in a hookah?

I've been a cigar lover for years. Since moving to DC, I've also really gotten into shisha and smoking hookas at the middle eastern restaurants near my home. I wonder, would pipe tobacco work in a hookah?

I don't think so. Middle eastern tobaccos seem to be very different from regular pipe tobaccos.

I don't think it would work because pipe tobacco lacks the moisture that shisha has. You would probably end up with smoldering pipe tobacco and a very harsh draw.

A lot of it depends on whether or not you inhale the pipe smoke, or rather draw it in. I personally enjoy drawing the pipe smoke in just to get the flavor of the tobacco; which is interesting because I inhale the hookah smoke. It's all really a matter of personal taste.

Here in Denver there is a hand rolled cigar, Palmas, made by Clay Carlton (http://www.palmacigars.com/). It is the finest and best cigar I purchased in US. Does anyone know of any other handmade cigar available to purchase by mail ?

Thanks,

- Marcelo