elric13

Onward into the fog...

AKA: Avoid it.

Got it. Ok, i'll just chug it like a bottle of Bud Lite just to get it out of the way. :hyper:

Next logical question:

Between-imbibes storage of unfinished bottle?

Refrigerated?

Cool, dark place?

Well-lit, warm place?

Buried in backyard to prevent visiting 'friends' from finding it?

That about sums it up Hiram. I'd give it the same review.

Elric13: Just store it in a cool dark place. It dosn't like direct sunlight much. Just keep it in a liquor cabinet or closet. Oh, and if you want to do it right, I reccomend heading down to the Wal-Mart in Woodland to see if they have any lemonade jars left. Then you could head over to the Target and try to pick up the Candlestick holder, and make yourself a nice $20 fountain. There's pics in the fountain making thread.

Storage doesn't matter too much unless the Absinthe is coloured naturally. I wouldn't keep Absinthe in the fridge nor a freezer, neither. I'd say above 50F.

I keep Manhattan about 55-75F and it's always stored in a place where it sees almost no light.

I just want say :worshippy: to everyone for all of the helpful advice. After some of the commentary I've seen in other forums, I'm glad I started here.

At this point, I'll just SHUDDUP ALREADY and anticipate the arrival of my goodies. My Drunkard Companion at Work (hereafter referred as just MDCaW) and I have already planned using company facilities to 'field-modify' a couple of standard spoons until we can acquire the Real Deal. I know I should have ordered accordingly when I was already at LDF, but I was too giddy with anticipation to think clearly. That can be included in next week's order. :D

Again, thank you one & all.

Welcome Elric (reference to the albino warrior?)

Good questions. My input is to get to the Jades quickly they are awesome and why settle for anything less unles you don't like the good stuff. I can not seem to decide on the sugar issue myself. I usually like things sweet but I enjoy Absinthe both ways. The thing is, I really like the ritual and it is certainly enhanced with the spoon and sugar etc.

I just ordered from LDF last week and got my stuff in three days!! you can't beat that. Unfortunatly, they are out of VS65 until MARCH!

Does anyone know if the distillar's proof has run out?

Welcome Elric (reference to the albino warrior?)

Yes, my moniker since the 2400baud BBS days. Yes, I'm pathetic.

Something about being eternally doomed just appeals to me. :thumbs_up:

Yet another question(s):

I work stupid crazy long hours. Now, the first batch of Material is going to MDCaW because (hopefully) someone will be there to sign the zee courier's receipt. But me being the greedy prick that I am would dearly love to have Material sent directly to me (yes, I'm already cutting him out of the loop). Do the courier's leave Material with just a taped-to-the-door-here's-my-sig note?

A general jeezus-god-you're-a-pathetic-newbie question: must images come from online? How do I upload a pic directly from my HD, if possible? I was wanting to upload a pic showing off how much fun people can have on New Year's With A Large Sword... but seemed unable to do so. :unsure:

Bear with me, folks, I fully acknowledge my patheticness.

Psssssst!! (it's okay to call it "absinthe" here) ;)

Uploading: Please keep images under 600 pixels wide or they make the page go all wonky.

Click on that button down there that says "Choose File" right next to "Attachments". If you don't have that, then click on that button down there that says "More Options."

After choosing the file, click "Add This Attachment." You can do that up to ten times per post I think. Then click "Add Reply."

:cheers:

Psssssst!! (it's okay to call it "absinthe" here) ;)

Uploading: Please keep images under 600 pixels wide or they make the page go all wonky.

Click on that button down there that says "Choose File" right next to "Attachments". If you don't have that, then click on that button down there that says "More Options."

After choosing the file, click "Add This Attachment." You can do that up to ten times per post I think. Then click "Add Reply."

:cheers:

Hiram... this is all your fault...

<photo of drunken idiot with shiny sword excised>

(Next morning) Dearjeezuzgahd... I should NEVER EVER drink that much on a weeknight...

post-92-1106323637.jpg

Edited by elric13

Nevermind. I was asked not to post this type of question, so I'll stop. :blink:
I can only guess, as I didn't see the post. "Courier" is as specific as we get around here.

Well understood. What-the-heck, I'll semi-repost:

I work long hours, basically never home during normal courier operating hours.

Will a note on the door with my sig suffice to make them happy so they'll just leave it? Or is face-to-face sig mandatory? Or, as Jack indicated, does it depend on the courier?

When you order a box of sex toys and dirty magazines off the internet, what do you normally do when you are not there to receive the delivery? Same thing applies to your Absinthe delivery.

When you order a box of sex toys and dirty magazines off the internet, what do you normally do when you are not there to receive the delivery? Same thing applies to your Absinthe delivery.

Thank you! Because with the live sheep deliveries, you must sign for them in person.

That about sums it up Hiram.  I'd give it the same review.

Elric13: Just store it in a cool dark place.  It dosn't like direct sunlight much.  Just keep it in a liquor cabinet or closet.  Oh, and if you want to do it right, I reccomend heading down to the Wal-Mart in Woodland to see if they have any lemonade jars left.  Then you could head over to the Target and try to pick up the Candlestick holder, and make yourself a nice $20 fountain.  There's pics in the fountain making thread.

THanks, I'll try looking for the jar this weekend. But you know Wal-MartLand... that's probably classed as a 'summer' item and won't be there now. I went there last fall after my bedroom 'white-noise' fan died and I got there the day after 'summer' season ended. Swear to bejeezuz, there wasn't a single fan in the entire store! Had to go to Staples, of all places, to find a fan. :huh:

I'll make you a fancy fountain like mine for a hunderd bucks and shipping.

OW!!! Whatthehell was that?!?!? (looking over shoulder) Ah, just my chain getting yanked... again. <_<

Actually, I WAS getting a little starry-eyed over that one fountain @ LdF at the top of the page:

Prolly overpriced

Not to mention that all-too-breakable honey:

Pretty!

Then the orgasmic selection:

Nirvana!!!

Hiram... don't tease old folks.

:hyper:

Edited by elric13