Alan Moss

Introducing Sachelle

Well, you've all read a lot from Thomas recently, so you know how polite and formal us Brits can be.

It gives me great pleasure therefore to introduce Sachelle, who is now running both our internet businesses, eAbsinthe and LaFee.com, allowing me to focus on achieving global domination for La Fée through normal distribution channels (i.e. our distributors in over 20 countries now).

Sachelle has loads of experience in the wine business ... but I'll let her give the details.

For those of you at the Absinthiades, we'll both be there.

Edited by alanmoss

Thanks Alan for the intro and hi there to all

I’ll try to keep it short…

I joined La Fée and eabsinthe.com in April this year as internet sales and marketing manager. I’m relatively new to absinthe but am enjoying my journey so far! Please feel free to educate me…I have a wine background and before working here I worked for a large co-operative in the UK ‘The Wine Society’ as the tastings and events marketing and design manager. (I look forward to maybe holding a nice absinthe tasting for you guys one day and hope to love absinthe as I do wine!)

Personal blurb – live slightly north of London in Hertford with partner, 3 kids, although not so childlike any more, 2 dogs and a few fish and frogs in the pond – love riding my horse, garden sadly not large enough for him…love to give all styles of music a try and try to get to a music experience of sorts at least once a month.

I’m here to listen, learn and maybe throw in the odd comment! Both the La Fée and eabsinthe web site will be going through some changes over the next few months – I hope they’ll be favorable.

Feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions, comments that you don’t want to post publicly and I’ll do what I can. I’ll also be in Pontarlier at the Asinthiades at the end of the month - maybe see a few of you there???

Sachelle

Welcome! :cheers:

I'm sure Alan has pointed out some of our past discussions. They'll have lots of suggestions I'm sure. But more educational is definitely better. Much more knowledgeable individuals will have more specific suggestions I'm sure.

Hi - thanks

My initial thoughts - both sites to be more educational - anything you'd you like to see??

ps - cool dog - yours?

Thanks, yeah that's one of 3 English Bulldogs I have. You can see he has a tough life.

phew - what a nice welcome I must say I was a little worried! (Still am...)

For what it's worth - I'd like to see absinthe legalized across the globe...

As far as premium product dates go - you'll just have to be patient!

Who wants to give me a feel of what absinthe is really about? You guys obviously know your stuff.

Would it be rude of me to ask - what you think is the best thing about absinthe and what is the worst?

Welcome aboard, Sachelle! :cheers:

My vote for best thing about absinthe is that it's genuinely refreshing, in a way that other liquors are not. I love me some bourbon ( you might have guessed by my name ) but I would never call it refreshing. A glass of absinthe lightens and brightens my body and my state of mind.

The worst thing about it is the lack of sociability. At least here in the states, only a tiny fraction of the people I give it to like the taste, and of course I can't order it out on the town or ask for it at other people's homes. An absinthe drinker walks a lonely road. I think that's why we bond in places like this. So again, Welcome!

If Sachelle could do that (apart from it being a near-miracle), our internet businesses would be somewhat smaller.

Yeah but your off-the-shelf business would boom! ;)

phew - what a nice welcome I must say I was a little worried! (Still am...)

Would it be rude of me to ask - what you think is the best thing about absinthe and what is the worst?

There's nothing here to be worried about. Don't touch the nice lady, Igor!

Wild Bill nailed it on the head. There isn't a worse thing about good absinthe with the exception of society's misinformed opinion and regulations. Oh, and the price.

Edited by Theatre73

Best- Taste. The majority of drinks in america have a one note flavor and a ton of sugar. I've been amazed by the complex and balanced taste.

Worst- With absinthe in general I would say it's a tie between the misinformation and the products that call themselves 'absinthe' and not only taste horrible but aren't even close. With the absinthe I drink, probably the price (which isn't horrible but could go down), availability and a small choice of quality products.