Gwydion Stone

Wormwood Society Ceramic Fountains

I was originally going to let you guys duke it out over on eBay, but I thought I'd be more sporting and let you have a fair crack at it here.

The first Wormwood Society Absinthe Fountain is up for sale now. Well, not really the first, because Dr. Cocktail snatched one right out of the gate, but it's the first offered for sale here on the site.

If there are any questions I can answer or details you need, please feel free to ask here or by PM if you prefer.

The others shown will hopefully not be far behind. If you see one you want to pre-order, just let me know.

Ab.jpg

That reminds me of a number of sword smiths who always joke they could never afford their own work (in this case, commissioned work).

More economical would be nice, although a lemonade jar on a candle stand is the real economical way to go, so if someone is going to go for something "classy" and "good looking" (who would want that) might as well go all out and get something nice like these.

All you need to do is make the base big enough so a glass can't fit underneath and you could charge a couple hundred more. :D

It looks strong, stable and convenient (water stays cold for a long time in ceramic) but it's not my taste, it's just me, I'm not into the swiss style foutains, into swiss style absinthes neither anyway.

It's a beautiful piece though, don't get me wrong, I admire the work.

Hiram, why don't you just make the price public ? we can understand that it's pricey to make such a fine fountain with such pricey material.

Edited : Hiram, forget my stupid question, I should have followed the link first :rolleyes:

Edited by mthuilli

Oh god ! you're right hartsmar !

Message edited.

BTW Hartsmar, you enjoy french people when coming each year in Pontarlier, don't you ? or maybe it's just because of our wonderful Mc Donald's... see you there bloody swedish :cheers:

Edited by mthuilli

Yes for the Absinthiades or for the Mc Donald's ? both I assume...

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that those are no longer available in France :

post-2-1128952066.jpg

Hiram! What kind of a salesman are you?! Really? For an additional $350 they can get whatever the hell glaze and color they want.

Come on!

Those fountains are wonderful! I'm hoping some will still be around when I move to my new place. I'll have more room to put something like that in my bar.