Brian Robinson

Prototype from Ab-dist

How old is it?

Young. BTW, the #27 from April is just about becoming drinkable, and losing its overbearing colouring herb presence.

Well I'm beginning to be worried. My order was shipped (priority mail) the 21st and here we are on the 30th. I'll hold my breath for the rest of this week, and we'll see what happens.

I ordered mine on the 21st too, and got it today... You'll probably get it tomorrow. Think positive!

Don't be too worried, yet, if for some reasons customs got it you will still get a box (although it will be lighter than you would like). I remember reading archives of FeeVerte where people were waiting 4 weeks for their order.

I'm not the best at offering detailed analyses of absinthe. :P And especially not on the first day of having it. My first thought, though, is that I freakin' love it. I haven't had as many different absinthes as a lot of the people here, so I'm not going to make any brand comparisons except to say that on first wiff I could smell that baby-powder aroma the BdF has. Also a fair bit of heat... and I swear I smell cinnamon. Creamy texture. Something odd is that I can smell something vaguely candy-like (not in a bad, unnatural way) while louching it but I can't taste it at all while drinking it. My girlfriend swears she can taste whatever it is in the finish, but also can't identify it. For now that's probably the best I can deliver.

OK. I won't hold my breath. :wacko: That made me dizzy.

I kind of thought that I'd get empty boxes if customs had decided on inspecting my package. I worry a little bit about my local post office. You'd think they'd just deliver the package. But being a small town (pop. 4000) I keep thinking they'll be nosy busy-bodies and go poking where they shouldn't. I'm hoping that's simply irrational fears.

I'll just bide my time. They say patience is a virtue. Whoever they are. :cheers:

Peridot, how about a pik-sure?

Edited by dakini_painter

Okay, photos were requested, so here they are.

Oh, and Plunger, though I am sure I smell cinnamon, I cannot taste it, if that makes any difference. Though I wouldn't mind if I could. It's my favourite spice.

:cheers:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

I don't think it's in the Duplais.

I doubt it's in the #30 - it wasn't in the #27 either. Perhaps something in the young colouration herb scent merely reminds him of cinnamon?

Edited by sixela

Yeah, I've heard a lot about the Montmarte. It's very likely to be my next purchase.

I wonder what it is that I'm smelling, then. Has anyone else noticed it? It's before adding water, a sharp sort of spiciness lurking under the surface. It's difficult to find at first, but once I can smell it, it's fairly prominent. And fragrant. Then when I add water, *poof* it's gone. I came down with a blasted cold in the night and I can't get a better idea of it today due to a stuffy nose.

I don't know what it is, but I got that from the Ike verte when I first got it. I think Sixela's assessment that it's the young flavor of the coloration herbs is probably correct. Once those balance out, it will probably be better.

I wonder what it is that I'm smelling, then. Has anyone else noticed it? It's before adding water, a sharp sort of spiciness lurking under the surface.

Coriander.

:clap: Mine arrived! Actually the postman tried to deliver on Friday before the holiday weekend and there was no chance of my picking it up on Saturday.

Tried a glass (1:4) last night and I like it. I want to try a glass at (1:3) to see how it compares before setting it to age a bit. It doesn't seem like the Ike at all to my inexperienced taste. And to me that's nice. I wouldn't want every absinthe to try and be the same, that'd be boring.

I'll plan to taking pics this weekend.

:cheers: