greytail

well, looks like the flying monkeys will be shut down for awhile.

According to the FAA regulations no beverages or liquids of any kind will be allowed aboard, save for baby formula which the carrier must be willing to sample in front of an inspector should the request be made, so if you are comming over, pour that green stuff in a baby bottle and call it paregoric :drunk:

Yikes!!! I have been out of town for a couple of days. We were taking my kids to the airport in Spokane. Strangely, they let Pensieve through security with a leatherman (no, she is not a mountain woman).

Edited by ShaiHulud

That is good Alan Moss, but I do wonder if events will snowball leading to the restrictians being applied to even checked luggage. I wonder what Ldf's take is on this as they too ship out of the UK. I don't think those restricitions apply as of yet to Domestic flights or flights departing North America.

Answering Elfnmagic:

See this.

"Accordingly we are raising the threat level, or we have raised the threat level, with respect to aviation in general, to High, or Orange. That will cover all in-bound international flights, other than flights from Great Britain, and it will cover all flights within the United States itself.

We're taking some additional specific steps. In light of the nature of the liquid explosive devices which were designed by the plotters, we are temporarily banning all liquids in carry-ons in aircraft cabins. That means no liquids or gels will be allowed in carry-on baggage."

The Wikipedia home page has links to the story, and all the relevant aspects, as it develops.

From what I understand everyone was forced to put most of their carry on in their checked luggage. Unless the flying monkeys book commercial flights and personally babysit our box there probably isn't a problem. Most shipped packages fly on a stripped down plane meant to carry a pilot and a bunch of boxes.

Although this might put those looking to bring back a couple bottles from the duty free store under a bit more scrutiny.

But maybe you should order now, just in case ....

That is good Alan Moss, but I do wonder if events will snowball leading to the restrictians being applied to even checked luggage.

Maybe that's just the salesman in me coming out!

Shipped goods will most likely never be effected by this. As Ari pointed out. the vast majority of shipped goods are transported by aircraft which carry only cargo, and are not targets for terrorism. Stopping the shipment of all fluids would bring international trade to a standstill. It isn't going to happen.

I tend to travel extra-light so I can carry everything on the plane with me. Looks like I'll have to carry clothes only, and flying monkeys everything else (electric shaver, toiletries, vitamins, flask o' comfort, etc.) ahead to the hotel.

They take our shoes and now they want to take our shampoo, conditioner, liquid make-up, cologne, latte...If I have to check everything in a bag, I better damn well be guaranteed that it will arrive at the same airport that I do, WHEN I do!

When they temporarily banned knitting needles, I got really pissed. Like I was gonna commandeer aircraft with a #2 circular needle? Not bloody likely...

Rant over. Carry on.

Um, nice word filter, Hiram, but the point was that people can transport their assorted liquid and electronic goods for less than $9 one-way by two-day Priority Mail.

Yikes!!! I have been out of town for a couple of days. We were taking my kids to the airport in Spokane. Strangely, they let Pensieve through security with a leatherman (no, she is not a mountain woman).

I am not a mountain woman, technically it's a leatherman "Squirt", it's a baby! and I only have it because I love baby anythings, Shai bought me baby UNO cards just the other day, soo cute

According to the FAA regulations no beverages or liquids of any kind will be allowed aboard...
Name the movie:
"No! No liquids! I'm very allergic to them!"

I am not a mountain woman, technically it's a leatherman "Squirt", it's a baby!

But you are definitely a Montana Woman. :wave2: I've got a micra leatherman. It is even smaller than the squirt I used to have. Definitely handy to have around and oh so cute. It is the hip fashion accessory to have. Right up there with the gun rack and rifles in the pickup truck window. ;)

Sure this is annoying but seriously... It's not the end of the world.

If you're travelling from say the UK to the US you're likely to be having checked luggage anyway. No big deal.

If you have transfers it's really only a good thing not having to carry around the extra weight between flights.

I've travelled a lot and I have NEVER (thank you God) had any trouble with luggage getting lost or anything like that. The worst that can happen is that it gets delayed and they bring it to your hotel or wherever you're staying.

In most cases you're even entitled to compensation through your travel insurance.

So what if you can't bring a toothbrush on the plane, or your hair-gel... It's not a fucking fashion show.

I prefer having to check all my luggage instead of getting any plane in the world blown up by a bunch of no-good idiot dumb fucks.

You have to wonder if these new measures that pop up right after a conspiracy is uncovered really make flying any safer? I mean, let's be honest, there are a million ways to get something on a plane. Pretty soon we'll be lining up for colonoscopies before we're allowed to board. This is getting crazy. :wacko:

In the recent UK terror plot, the law enforcement/intelligence community did their job and the plan was foiled. To me, this seems like the defense that should be the focus. I just don't think taking away my Binaca is going to make anyone any happier.

Name the movie:
"No! No liquids! I'm very allergic to them!"

Waiter: "Water, Ma'am?"

When I went to the airport coming back to Seattle from New Orleans, I had three pieces of luggage. I said, “I want this piece to go to Cleveland, this piece to go to Toronto, and this piece to go to Florida.” The airline agent said, “We can’t do that.” I said, “Why not? You did it last week.”

ba dum bump. I don't think lost luggage is the worst that can happen. Pensieve had a suitcase shredded by the machinery and the insurance barely covered any of it. Nearly a decade later I still hear about sentimental things that got "eaten by the plane."