Gwydion Stone

Minor Board Changes

Just thought I'd let you all know that there will be some minor changes coming up—in fact, they're probably already done. Nothing sinister or laden with ulterior motives, just a bit of streamlining.

I'll be moving Absinthe In Art, Absinthe In Literature and Absinthe In Science out into The Bistro so that non-registered guests can benefit from them. I'll also be moving the forums now in the Absinthe Events section into the Salon and then deleting the Events section. Having those two sections is a bit redundant.

Speaking of redundant, I'll be merging the Absinthiste and Absintheuse member groups into one group. There is absolutely no difference between them except that one is women members and one is men. I thought it was quaint and fun at the time, now I think it's cumbersome to manage.

You may have noticed that the 'Edited by' legend is no longer optional. In light of recent events, I thought it would be wise to know when a post was edited and by whom. I find it a bit unsightly myself, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run. Please don't let this dissuade you from fixing your grammar and spelling—or even changing your mind. The option to edit will remain for 48 hours, then the post will be locked. If you need me or one of the mods to fix something, please use the "! Report" button.

The Search function will be set to return results as posts by default instead of as topics.

I'm still trying to find a spellcheck that's compatible with this version of the board.

I'm also open to suggestions as to other improvements that might be made.

Cheers! :cheers:

I'm still trying to find a spellcheck that's compatible with this version of the board.

I mentioned this in another thread that shall remain nameless but it probably got scrolled off before anyone noticed it but the spellcheck in Google toolbar works really well. It will spellcheck any text field on any page and is very easy to work with. It's a great download.

http://toolbar.google.com

I know it isn't a replacement for a board-speicifc one, but it's a good stop gap.

the spellcheck in Google toolbar works really well. It will spellcheck any text field on any page and is very easy to work with. It's a great download.

http://toolbar.google.com

I know it isn't a replacement for a board-speicifc one, but it's a good stop gap.

But apparently you don't always use it ...

(sorry, couldn't resist ...)

Pepto Pink? Why not Fred Fredburger Green?

I wuld like to eet sum frozun yogert, YES! <--- hmm, I'm seeing a word filter . . .

The consolidation does make sense, cleans it up a bit! Thanks for the continual improvements!

Hi, This post is very informative, however ther are some queries to ask about some specific topic. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Thanks,

First things first, why don't you go here and start your new guy introduction so we can welcome you to the forum?

Then, take a look at the FAQs and see if your queries are addressed there. If you're still drawing blanks, ask away and we'll see if we can help although I don't think we'll find many threads for batteries and real estate sales. ;)

Hi, This post is very informative, however ther are some queries to ask about some specific topic. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Thanks,

[spam deleted by moderator]

No spam, thanks.

If you have any questions, PM me.

Hiram your efforts are wonderful, but I simply must voice my opinion that you with that hair makes a most awesome statement. I do so hope you still have it long, you wear it very well! :thumbup: