Sign in to follow this  
Brooks

Storage

Comin' atch'all from Kinko's. It's been two weeks since my laptop died, and I'm still waiting for the new one to arrive.

This topic has been touched on before, but I'd like to narrow my options down to the lesser of two evils. Which of the following would be the least damaging way to store five open bottles of absinthe? I'm about to leave town for four months.

1. At room temperature (New York summer highs average mid-80s to 90s) OR

2. Refrigerated?

(Some day I'll break down and buy a wine cooler.)

How many bottles are you talking about? Those little thermoelectric refrigerators do a nice job of keeping bottles at a cool (not cold) temp. They are fairly inexpensive & use almost no power.

I have one & it works great.

How many bottles are you talking about? Those little thermoelectric refrigerators do a nice job of keeping bottles at a cool (not cold) temp. They are fairly inexpensive & use almost no power.

I have one & it works great.

I use one too. It has been in the hundreds here. There are no cool, dark places.

Thanks, Bozos and Bozettes, for chiming in. I miss yez.

Yeah, ommina git me one o' dem elektrik coolers like Stroller has, but not right now, as I'm saddled with new computer/printer expenses -- expenses unlooked for, I might add, and unwelcome.

In the meantime, I'll store the hooch at room temp.

Our environmentally-aware president assures us that there's no such thing as global warming, which is such a load off my mind on a day like today, when Midtown temperatures hit 103 degrees. Hotter tomorrow, with a record-breaking heat index of 115.

I'm tickled that you enjoyed NO, Hiram. I had a wonderful time too. November and March are great months, FYI. (Plus, everyone should do one Jazz Fest and one Mardi Gras.)

Laters, 'gators!

From reading various absinthe forums, the consensus seems to be that you should store absinthe upright on its side in a cool, room termperature place.

Wish I could be of more help! <_<