AlyssaDyane

Nice to meet you all

Hi! I am Alyssa Dyane. I am thrilled to find this forum. I was first introduced to Absinthe about 10 years ago. Kind of a love at first sight/taste/experience thing. I loved everything about it. The colour, the taste, the preparation. The spoons. Since then, I spent several years living outside of the US, and had a little easier access to absinthe - something I miss now. Now it is a rare and special treat for me. I collect absinthe art, and also paint my own "absinthe inspired" pieces. I thought I was pretty well schooled on the subject, and I would have to say that I have learned so much more on our favourite topic, since reading through this forum. So, it is nice meeting all of you, and I look forward to a pleasant exchange of thought and idea.

Well come, Alyssa! :cheers: You will surely feel comfy here, there are many really talented artists aboard on this forum.

Back 10 years ago, what absinthe did you try, and what others have you tried after that?

Well come, Alyssa! :cheers: You will surely feel comfy here, there are many really talented artists aboard on this forum.

Back 10 years ago, what absinthe did you try, and what others have you tried after that?

This is sad... but the first absinthe I tried was a home-distilled absinthe. I liked it and hunted some "real" absinthe down. After I tried the real deal, I then realized horrid the home-brew was. But it did serve the purpose of peaking my interst. Since then I have tried some of the Jades, Pernot, Kübler, La Fee, and a bunch of wretched German brands whose names I don't remember (I spent a great deal of time in the Netherlands). Right now, I am patiently waiting to try some Absinthe Duplais. Okay, not so patiently.

I'll post my latest painting when finished.

Greetings. Don't be sad about your first experience. I suspect that first "absinthe" you had was not distilled and not even absinthe at all but simply a nasty concoction often referred to as steepsinth (herbs soaked in vodka or everclear).

:drunk: Welcome aboard ,Alyssa! :cheers: Have you put your-self on the Map? :wave2:

Well, I have now. And now I have to fix my map posting. Think I just might be a little bit tipsy. Instead of showing me in Orange County, it just says Orange, CA. Orange is in the OC, but it's not where I live. I guess that's what I get for louching and typing. ;)

so where's the artwork?? :)

I'm working on a pretty cool piece right now. Will post when done. I like it quite a bit... so far. But, I shall post no piece before it's time.l

so where's the artwork?? :)

I'm working on a pretty cool piece right now. Will post when done. I like it quite a bit... so far. But, I shall post no piece before it's time.l

Welcome! :cheers:

Glad to have another artist around. "Absinthe-inspired"? Do you like Gris? Braque? Klee?

Ooooo, Duplais. I'd better order some soon before y'all beat me to it!

Wecome, Alyssa!

What they said.

Do you work in any particular media (oil, watercolor...)?

I work in mostly acrylics & watercolor. Right now I am working on something with prisma colours & ink.

Welcome Alyssa! :wave2: :cheers:

So many great Absinthes to try. I have just ordered my first bottle of Eichelberger 68 Verte.

Just have to say how great LDF are. I ordered on Tuesday afternoon, and received it this morning.

Just 2 days! Excellent service.

Looking forward to sampling it tonight. It's been 3 months since I have tasted a Verte.