Chuck5021

Good Evening!

Hello Everyone!

I'd like to introduce myself to everyone on the forum. My name's Chuck, and I'm living in Vancouver, Canada. My history with absinthe doesn't go back very far, but my interest in it goes back a few years. I have unfortunately only had Czech absinthe (I know the error of my ways now, believe me!!). I didn't know any better then, and fell trap to the gimmick advertising, etc. Since then I have spent a lot of time looking into the history, the proper method of preparing absinthe (friends don't let friends burn absinthe! haha), and the many wonderful brands available to us.

I'm proud to say that I am currently awaiting the Clandestine brand of Absinthe from Switzerland. It's being shipped from "The Absinthe Spoon" in France. I'm looking forward to trying the Jade brands, as well as a François Guy in the future.

Well I look forward to spending my time here, and I thank everyone for sharing your knowledge and opinions!

Chuck

Yo Chuck!

:cheers:

you'll LOVE Clandestine!

I have a bottle - currently half full

I wonder where the other half went?

oh yeah

:drnkbanana:

post-679-1153976649_thumb.jpg

Well, I WAS proudly awaiting the arrival of my bottle of Clandestine but it appears the company through which I ordered it is a little unsure about shipping to Canada..grrr :(

Well come, Chuck! I hope that company will decide to your favour, otherwise there are other vendors that will ship to Canada (like www.absinthe-distribution.com, for example). :cheers:

Welcome, Chuck. :cheers:

Hey Biff, why is the dude in the poster getting so pissed over a good head massage?

Yo Chuck!

:cheers:

you'll LOVE Clandestine!

I have a bottle - currently half full

I wonder where the other half went?

oh yeah

:drnkbanana:

Well come, Chuck! I hope that company will decide to your favour, otherwise there are other vendors that will ship to Canada (like www.absinthe-distribution.com, for example). :cheers:

No, unfortunately they won't ship to Canada either. In fact, the only vendor still shipping here is Fine Spirits Corner. Chuck, you might want to try ordering from them but they don't stock the Clandestine. They do sell Duplais though and I'm sure that will be a fine place to start. Just be aware that they don't offering courier shipping to Canada so you'll have to go with either airmail (expensive!) or regular mail (slow!).

Hey Biff, why is the dude in the poster getting so pissed over a good head massage?

The Specter is actually Nit-Picking

“..the heartbreak of psoriasis…”