G&C

Something New to Share

Yes it came Monday.

I just polished the silver and it does look mmmm, nice.

I waited for tonight for it's coming out.

I will pour Swizzle (maybe Pignon) into the glass and ice water through the Brouille and probably take pictures for the posting.

It makes a three tier louche.

The bottom is water.

The middle is louched Absinthe & the top is alcohol.

Looks cool but it does need stirring.

However, the bonus is my Absinthe is not splashed all over the floor from the drops hitting the drink from too high.

I just recently had 12 antique spoons arrive from chryssvps. I don't have a camera, so I don't have a picture. But I'm thinking of turning them around and putting 'em right back on ebay. If anyone wants to make private offers before I do that, they are more than welcome.

The spoons probably just need to be polished. The brouille was a filthy ugly mess when it arrived.

It still could use another round of polish.

I do like the glass though, nice and heavy.

I'm sorry. I thought this was to be a helpful educational forum. I forgot who we supposed to be helping & who we are educating.

Hiram wants the spoons, not me.

I would like to have one of Kirk's Grilles but I think I would rather spend my $$ on the drink rather than the gadget.

I traded him his standard bottle of Jade, for the demonic sppon he did.

I had him turn it into a pendant, cuz I thought it went splendidly with my avatar-ring.

Okay here's the deal with the spoons:

Yes they do need a bit of cleaning and I could probably get them spic and span.

I got the spoons for a really good deal and would like to turn them around for about $___ each. They're good spoons, but I should probably get them appraised. I want to offer people a good deal and have no idea what they're worth. (they may or may not be worth aforementioned price) I'm probably going to contact oxy and ask him what I should do with them.

I've spoken to hiram about this before when we met up in portland. The only antique I could see myself owning is a fountain, and even then I would have trouble justifying the expense. So as you can see, I really have no use for these spoons. I really have no use for my repro's either, as I don't use sugar.

Hiram, I will PM you here soon and hopefully we can work something out.

-The Ju

Edited by Conju

As to an appraisal...

Since you got them Justin, at a good deal, why not just ask him what they're worth?

He's really knowledgeable about all types of absinthiana, and I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to give you a market value.

I purchased a pre-ban framed pseudo-painting Pernod Fils advertisement from him, at a very good price, and he had no problem telling me what he thought it should be worth.

And here are two little somethings that I recently got my hands on...

Edit: sorry... I had to go screw up the layout here... move on.

post-20-1106295394_thumb.jpg

post-20-1106295417_thumb.jpg

post-20-1106295431_thumb.jpg

Edited by hartsmar