Sign in to follow this  
jimzuma

Agwa- legal Coca Leaf Liquor

"Melts in your mouth not in your nose" :blink:

Herbs from Bolivia. Crafted in Holland. And a link to a site in Rumanian.

Varga is gonna be pissed when he learns someone beat him to the tea-cup on this one.

the Mayan elders didn't actually drink the spirit. They filled a funnel shaped gourd with the liquid and inserted it where the sun doesn't shine. This is not among the recommended ways to use Agwa...

Reminds me of a "rumor" that I once heard about Stevie Nicks.

the Mayan elders didn't actually drink the spirit. They filled a funnel shaped gourd with the liquid and inserted it where the sun doesn't shine. This is not among the recommended ways to use Agwa...

Reminds me of a "rumor" that I once heard about Stevie Nicks.

She denies that. Although were the rumor true, I wonder how one would list that job on their resume.

Yum - Alcohol & Gaurana - ride the RollerCoaster to Hell.

:hyper:

I'll take Woodwood.

The active compounds would surely have to have been removed for it to be legal here. Rendering this drink as nothing more than another energy drink gimmick.

Not another gimmick.

Maggie has been drinking this particular tea for years. Originally, delivered to her by a friend that made frequent visits to South America. Bear in mind, the amount of any active ingredient in a single tea bag would be almost non-existant. You would have to process tons of leaves to gain any sizable amount of nose candy. Or, so I have been told.

From what I've heard, Coca Cola is still flavored with coca leaves. They use leaves leftover from the drug's extraction (for medical purposes, of course!). Obviously, the feds keep a pretty watchful eye on what chemicals make it into the drink.

I would hope the coca leaves are used for medical purposes as tincture of cocaine is a legal prescription drug (Schedule II) and irreplaceable as a topical eye anaesthetic.

Yum - Alcohol & Gaurana - ride the RollerCoaster to Hell.

:hyper:

I'll take Woodwood.

Um, why don't you introduce yourself? From your avatar, I assume you know your shit! :harhar:

WTF?! Besides being curious and wanting to give it a try, I am PISSED! :angry: How does the FDA approve this product for sale in the states and we still cannot get Absinthe legalized?

Does the product have the "Nutrition Facts" section on the label? If not, I bet it's not even on the FDAs radar.

I also doubt anyone in Bolivia, a very poor country, would spend the thousands of dollar necessary to get this approved. IMO.

(Dang! Smilies don't work in sigs! Reminder to self: change soon)

:laf: Well, well, well. I'd better go back to school and learn that Holland is not part of Bolivia. B) Maybe KoS could learn a thing or two about marketing from their site. 32 grams of coca leaf flavor in every bottle. :)

Maggie likes a splash of club soda and calls it her herbal soda pop. It's not bad at all, just not my favorite. :cheers:

Interesting. She hasn't tried ice cold club soda and absinthe has she? :wacko:

There's a local (well New Jersey) bottling company called Boylan's that makes a line of old fashioned sodas. They're quite yummy. No where near as sweet as the big commercial brands. The ginger ale is a far cry from the beverage by that name I've had in the past. They also have a Birch Beer and a Black Cherry that just hit the spot when sitting under the shade trees on a hot summer day.

:cheers:

OK, just for shits and giggles, I bought a bottle of Agwa. Funny enough, but not surprisingly, it doesn't say anything about coca leaf on the bottle. It's 60 proof and very sweet.

I haven't tried it with the lime yet, but I'm thinking that it would be good in a ginger beer or a guarana soda (also from brazil) with some lime.

It does give you a bit of a boost, but I'm assuming it is from the guarana, ginseng, and caffeine. All in all, not bad as a mixer, but definitely disappointing that they would allow something with the stigma of coca into the states, but not absinthe.

From what I've heard, Coca Cola is still flavored with coca leaves. They use leaves leftover from the drug's extraction (for medical purposes, of course!). Obviously, the feds keep a pretty watchful eye on what chemicals make it into the drink.

Correct, but insignificant. The remaining coca has very little (if anything) to do with the final taste of Coca-cola. Same goes for cola nut. It is still in there, but at levels which do virtually nothing to effect the taste.

and yeah, they get it from medical extraction 'leavings'.

I love my Moxie!

I love Moxie but its tough to get here unless special ordered.

When I lived in New Hampshire, that stuff was everywhere. I drank it every day when I was a kid. It's definitely an acquired taste.

It's still everywhere in New England,

and I still drink it, it's bitter,

but not as much as it used to be.

Then again, what is?

I have the distinct impression that no matter how much more bitter you are now, your sweet anise covers for it. :devil: