Thomas

New Member. Very Long Intro!

Whereas the people you might assume are gay on these forums are not, some of the people you might assume are heterosexual also are not.

Whereas one might expect some people to develop a rash, a proportion of those will be sympathetically tickled instead.

Whereas cross-forum criticism is a bit tacky and Brooks is a man of impeccable tact, I would be inclined to defer to him on that, even if I did not agree with him, which I do.

I additionally gently advise against jumping to conclusions and in favor keeping one's eyes open.

Loungers only eat their young and their weak, Thomas — you'd be in less danger than you think.

Hi Peeps

Thanks for your VERY kind advice, if I have commited a WS sin then you have all been more than tolerent.

I really am getting to like you guys a lot!

And yes I TOTALLY agree about Brooks, that gentle nudge from him was the hight of politeness and tact. And I will certainly defer to him. If Brooks and you are over there as well then it Must be a great place!

Can I just say one more thing though. Just to clear things up, It’s about my arse comment, and all the gay stuff. I don’t want it to be misconstrued.

I wasn’t really saying the people over there were gay, in the .......er..... TRADITIONAL way. I don't actually remember any Gay innuedo, but walking into the lounge for the first time was more like…well…...imagine a nervous young kid, on remand for his first offence, and by some tragic mistake being transferred to the homicidal lifer’s wing of the State Penitentiary, you know…….”Let me give you some advice kid…Don’t drop the soap” THAT kind of thing.

Just a funny (to me) fleeting impression of the L.L I got that I exaggerated for the sake of effect and humour. That's what I meant about not coming out with my arse intact. Twas all a merrie jest.

As I say, I really do like you guys and I would hate to do anything that SERIOUSLY pissed you off.

Now........... can I join that hot foursome you are all planning? :D

Out of character for you Brooks. Smashing! We'd need a fifth for a quorum. :wave:

That's ME.

Ladies and gentlemen we now have a quorum! :devil:

On second read, my post looked ever so slightly bitchy to me, Thomas. I'm glad you didn't read it that way.

I know what you're talking about. It was probably like leaving a locker room for a tea party, with the sound of snapping towels still ringing in your ears. It's good of you to take people's reactions to heart.

We need another woman to keep you two strapping men busy. I'll just dance around the periphery, shaking my tambourine and spurring you on to greater heights of whatever.

Hey, mister Tambourine man, play a song for me. :)

On second read, my post looked ever so slightly bitchy to me, Thomas. I'm glad you didn't read it that way.

Hey.....now I go back and read it again, it DOES sound "ever so slightly bitchy". I didn't notice it till you pointed it out! That's it now...I am hurt to the quick.....I have deleted you from my christmas card list, and.......needless to say young lady, the foursome is off!

But we had a quorum! :(

Well I'm very sorry drcocktail. I know you, in PARTICULAR, was looking forward to it, but I wouldn't change my mind now even if she went down on her bended knees!

No, no, no. I'll bow out. It's Thomas's thread. You boys go ahead. I'm sure you'll find a replacement.

It's for the best. Anyone with an aversion to ever-so-slight bitchiness had best avoid my boudoir altogether.

Still, this is not my boudoir. I should be ashamed of myself -- for many reasons really, but I'll apologize to Thomas for this just one and keep it brief. I mean this with just as much sincerity as Thomas showed in revealing his offense.

An aversion to ever-so-slight bitchiness is not the same as an ever-so-slight aversion to bitchiness.

You're released, remanded into your own custody - but don't leave town, we may want to talk to you again.

No, no, no. I'll bow out. It's Thomas's thread. You boys go ahead. I'm sure you'll find a replacement.

It's for the best. Anyone with an aversion to ever-so-slight bitchiness had best avoid my boudoir altogether.

Still, this is not my boudoir. I should be ashamed of myself -- for many reasons really, but I'll apologize to Thomas for this just one and keep it brief. I mean this with just as much sincerity as Thomas showed in revealing his offense.

Dear Peeps.

Sorry to see you go. You was the first one to welcome me here.

Thanks for helping me through the potential minefield of my L.L gaffe.

I honestly can't see what you, unlike ME, could be ashamed of at all, or what you have to apologize to me for. You've been great! Even if there HAD been any slight bitchiness it would have been allright. I got off lightly.

I didn't manage to get the tone quite right did I? I am new to this forum thing so forgive me.

Anyway. This seems a good point to close this intro thread. It's gotten far too long! Ive spent virually all my time in the forum in my own little room here. I need to get out and contribute to other peoples threads for a change.

Thanks to everyone who helped kept my thread going for so long youv'e been GREAT company, and a good laugh.

See you in the wider community.

Thread officially closed

...I mean this with just as much sincerity as Thomas showed in revealing his offense.

Dear Peeps.

Sorry to see you go...

...I honestly can't see what you, unlike ME, could be ashamed of at all, or what you have to apologize to me for...

I was just jesting back at you, fun poker.

Please promise you won't take me seriously again?

I was just jesting back at you, fun poker.

Please promise you won't take me seriously again?

I'd just bet this is his reference.