Sign in to follow this  
Bladeswitch

Need help finding Herbsaint!

Hi everyone! Looking to buy a bottle of Herbsaint for one of my recipes. I live in New Jersey and it is not available here. Can someone help me?

Your Friend in need,

Bladeswitch

Thanks fellows but Internet wines and spirits will not ship to New Jersey a

I wonder why? Woot Wine will ship to NJ, so it must be legal, although it does have the "(expect tedious, long delivery times)" addendum (just like my state).

Because the Jersey guvmint are a bunch of acquisitive anusses about their tax revenues and make shipping spirits into the state either prohibitive or impossible.

Either move or plan on soothing road trips to other states for booze. Virginia had Herbsaint recently. I bet a good DC liquor store could get some for you too. Not that this is much help recipe-wise. Regular old Pernod would work, you know. Herbsaint has a slightly lighter anis component, so you might just adjust the proportions.

Alandia.de has it, but it is way overpriced. From what I understand, it is not great anyway.

Dr...I have not seen it here, although it may be up to the individual ABC stores to aquire it.

Here is the salient passage of the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control statute:

New Jersey residents are not permitted to purchase beverage alcohol via telephone, mail order or the Internet from producers and retailers in other states. These sales, commonly known as “mail order sales,” are illegal because they bypass the State’s regulatory system for controlling liquor. Some of the problems caused by mail order sales involve the delivery of alcoholic beverages to underage persons, loss of tax revenue and the fact that entities, not licensed in New Jersey, are delivering and selling alcohol in this State. Most states in the country prohibit mail order sales for these and other reasons, and in some states, violations are treated as a criminal offense.

A person may personally purchase alcoholic beverages in another state and transport them into New Jersey only if (1) the alcoholic beverages are intended to be used solely for personal use and (2) the alcohol is personally transported in a vehicle into New Jersey. The amount of alcoholic beverages transported into New Jersey for personal use cannot exceed l/4 barrel or one case containing not in excess of 12 quarts of beer and one gallon of wine and two quarts of other alcoholic beverages within any consecutive period of 24 hours. If a person wishes to transport alcohol for personal use in excess of the above amounts, an application must be made to the Director, who if satisfied of the good faith of the applicant, and upon payment of a $25 fee, may issue a special permit permitting the transportation of alcohol into New Jersey in excess of the amounts listed above.

I just attempted to call the NJDABC office to determine the protocols for a consumer requesting a domestic liqueur not currently in inventory.

Office closed due to budget crisis. Figures.

Sorry, I really tried! --Doc.

Bevmo won't ship spirits out of California. Alas, neither will HiTimes.

I've gotten quite a few orders from Hi-Times, and I'm in Washington State.

Unless they've changed their internet shipping policy recently, which wouldn't surprise me.

Liquorama stopped selling liquor on the net quite some time ago, which, come to think of it, makes their name pretty absurd now.

Why not use Pernod, or Ricard, or Absente, or even Arak Razzouk for your recipe?

I can't imagine that NJ liquor stores won't do a custom order.

It is usually pretty easy to find around here. I have not checked in a long time though. Contact me if you want some. It will not be free. :devil:

Dude, where in Jersey are you???

I've got a WHOLE bottle (almost) of that CRAP I've been trying to pawn off on people for like 6 months.

You want it, it's yours, free. Just come pick it up. I'm 15 miles north of Philly.

And for those of you who don't live here, it's a serious pain in the ass to get anything into this retarded-ass state. Some internet shippers will ship here, and others won't. You can't even get beer in supermarkets here. Lamers.

No, were it official, I would ammend it to say: "Ahh, screw it, where are you located? I'll DELIVER THIS CRAP TO YOU for free!"

BLECH!

Herbsaint and Chartreuse should go bowling together, maybe they can share pointers on how to make people projectile vomit.

:puke:

If you feel like coming down the shore for some curly fries, Sam's Pizza and ride on the ferris wheel on Morey's pier all this should make your delivery a blast. But if you cant make it thank you anyway someone has contacted me about a bottle.

Your Friend,

Bladeswitch