Boy am I glad I found this site! After having my first taste at a party, a few years ago, I was to say the least, intrigued. All my research was contradictory and confusing. A friend purchased a bottle of "czeck window cleaner" this past winter. After a night of cold water, ice water, sugar cubes, and yes, fire I new something was not right. Fortunately, a friend turned me on to the Wormwood Society. There is no more confusion and I'm looking forward to ordering my own bottle soon.

Welcome, DK!

You absolutely couldn't find a better group of people to learn from and enjoy the company. And sooo very happy you learned about Czech so quickly without losing any money! A friend in Prague sent me a bottle of Bairnsfather Bitter, just knowing I wanted to try some absinthe. Some here insist she is no friend!

Then I went on a desperate search on the internet and forums/buyers/rating indices. At least I didn't set anything on fire, but I had to research that myth before I knew what to do! My first absinthe spoon was a loose-tea spoon. I am about 2 months new to absinthe, and just received Kübler 53 and François Guy this morning. I think that Dr. Cocktail's Poll Results will give you some great information for your first bottle.

Happy, happy! :drunk:

:wave2: Hey Kitty witty. You will find the best in info and conversation here. Just plan your budget accordingly. Absinthe is not inexpensive.

Greetings Delco Kitty! :D :cheers: from one newbie to another.

I'm glad you already know to practice safe and responsible absinthe drinking by not setting your absinthe on fire. :wave2:

Enjoy the forum. I've found it very informative and have learned a lot.