Errr....yeah. I'm kinda like all over the place. I write, and I'm a cocktail pundit, but my main income is from graphic design (a knd of art) and I occasionally draw simply for fun.

Now, I'm curious. Are there other artists on WS?

I do a lot of sketching with ink, and pencil. Some charcoal, but not much anymore.

I also do a lot of writing. I used to write a lot of poetry, but I lost my muse after one was published.

I also consider my cooking an art. I've always been interested in the art of cooking, as opposed to just eating for caloric intake and sustenance.

Now it's all about just enjoying it.

Likewise. I used to cook in restaurants, now it's a personal expression. I also used to draw, watercolor and sculpt, but I haven't touched traditional media since getting sucked in by the computer, but I do 3D and 2D graphic design. I also used to do fine woodwork, making musical instruments and such. There is a thread here where several of us discuss this very thing. Also, Mrs. Hiram is quite an artist and pretty much just draws and paints all day.

Let's see, I make no comment on the quality of these persuits but I act and sing, play slide blues guitar, and draw a bit (mostly Edouard Gorey style pan and ink).

Pensieve won't tell you but she is an award winning pianist and classically trained vocalist (she acts too).

Hiram,

That dinner looks tasty! I too used to cook in a restaurant. I apprenticed under a master chef who went on to open his own place in France. Unfortunately, I haven't had occasion to visit him in more than 10 years.

Next time I make a good meal, I may have the wife snap a few shots :D

Now, I'm curious. Are there other artists on WS?

I do a lot of sketching with ink, and pencil. Some charcoal, but not much anymore.

I also do a lot of writing. I used to write a lot of poetry, but I lost my muse after one was published.

I also consider my cooking an art. I've always been interested in the art of cooking, as opposed to just eating for caloric intake and sustenance.

Now it's all about just enjoying it.

I had to learn that about painting, all over again. It did start as something I did for myself. Then some people saw what I was doing and they liked what they saw. Eventually I tried to sell what I did for my own purposes. With some effort, over time I did get sales. Never enough to live off of. Never did get a gallery. Have a pile of rejection letters from them. :( Now I have to get back into it more for my own purposes. My own impulses.

I guess I'm a little envious of Mrs. Hiram being able to draw and paint all day. But it's not my stock in life (sob) "Pull yer'self up kid! slap! Snap out of it!"

OK. I'm better now.

Likewise. I used to cook in restaurants, now it's a personal expression.  I also used to draw, watercolor and sculpt, but I haven't touched traditional media since getting sucked in by the computer, but I do 3D and 2D graphic design.  I also used to do fine woodwork, making musical instruments and such.  There is a thread here where several of us discuss this very thing.  Also, Mrs. Hiram is quite an artist and pretty much just draws and paints all day.

I am seriously impressed with those cooking skills. Wow. Guaranteed you won't see anything like that at my house.

I've avoided really working on the computer graphics for just that reason; that I'd neglect the traditional media. I spent so many years on a computer, that my wrists aren't going to allow that anymore. Going to stop writing now and check out Hiram's other threads...

ciao.

Welcome. :wave2:

I'm not sure if I would consider myself an artist, but I survived to quite a few years doing batik. I paint every now and then. By day I work as a graphic designer and during my free time, I like to design and build costumes as well as a corset here and there.

Some of my costumes can be found here.

Edited by hissykitties

I work temporarily (incognito) as an airport baggage handler, then, elsewhere, as a stunt pilot. My idea of gourmet is SpaghettiOs® and my best art work was done on an Etch-a-Sketch.

Welcome.

Let's see... if taxidermy is considdered a art..

I do taxidermy, both birds and mammals as well as reptiles and other beings.

I went to art academy for a year, and nowadays I continue my study of celtic and pictish arts and giving my own twist on it. Working on 2D format as well as jewelry design and tattoo design (and the occasional absinthe grille). Most painting and illustrating is done for childerns books.

My own work is more dreamy and surreal

Other than that.. corset work (as well as other fashionable garments.. but mostly corsets) and some modelling.

I guess I'm one of those artsy people too. Doing some drawing and painting ...

green.jpg

... and writing. I should have had a collection of poems out last year. Then the publisher said he had to push it to spring 2006. Since then I haven't heard anything from him and haven't been able to get in contact with him. Well, he has a certain reputation for being extremely unreliable and slow, even by publisher standards.

I'd forgotten to look back at my own thread...

Those are really wonderful costume creations. Actually everything is very nice. Perhaps some day a special absinthe grill shall grace my glass.

I really enjoy the Celtic images. They've always fascinated me, but it's not something I've been able to do. My work is so abstract and fractured, anything approaching natural or realistic drawing seems beyond me. I always have to create it different from what is appears to be.

Well my mind seems to have gone somewhere else. I'm at that place where I can't type very much and nothing comes to mind to write. But I think it's wonderful that we have such extraordinarily creative group.

Perhaps I get get an hour's worth of painting done before work (assuming that I can use the brush better than I can type).

:heart:

Let's see, I make no comment on the quality of these persuits but I act and sing, play slide blues guitar, and draw a bit (mostly Edouard Gorey style pan and ink).

Pensieve won't tell you but she is an award winning pianist and classically trained vocalist (she acts too).

You're so sweet shai

I'm slightly late, but welcome anyway :wave2:

And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood...

It's funny - I was watching Bergman's "The Seventh Seal" last night (you know, the one where the returning Crusader plays chess with Death). An incredibly intense movie. "The Seventh Seal" comes from this passage in Revelations. And at the end of the movie, they are reading from the bible and they go further in this passage until they come across this saying. Needless to say, I sat up straighter! Very cool, I thought.

Me too, but I thought The Seventh Seal was a movie with Demi Moore... oh wait, that's The Seventh Sign.

And can I just say, as a Bible scholar, how much I hate it when people call it Revelations instead of Revelation. Not a huge point I admit but people do it all the time who should know better like authors. I just read this book called the Map of Bones and the author is trying to be all Dan Brown regarding Bible stuff but he keeps calling it Revelations.

"People think I don't know a buttload of stuff about the gospel... but I do." - Nacho Libre